Could you uprate the................

The Slug

Reaction score
........ABS & EPS on the 8L's to a more less instrusive system like on the newer models, cause the EPS when it kicks in really hammers on the brakes as opposed to the later model, would it be just a software remap for the braking?? Cheers

I've often wondered if ESP and the other traction control systems could be tweaked in some way. There must be a way of doing it.

On my S3, I find the traction control part of ESP kicks in quicker than the 4wd, cutting power violently. Which isn't good when you are trying to set off quickly at a wet roundabout. Couple it with the K04 lag, its quite dangerous. I switch it off these days, letting the 4wd take the power like it should.

yet other folk say their S3/TT ESP and traction control isn't too intrusive at all.

I came across a post on Seat cupra net a month or two ago, about a guy who had the "S3 traction control" software loaded onto his Ibiza ECU by...Jabba. Do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

I asked him why, related my view of it being intrusive, his words were its better than the standard one on the Ibiza.

So maybe the software could be tweaked. I never followed it up with Jabba though.

AL

as above turn it off

when i was stock i drove it without most of the time and the whole car responded how it should, only back on for long journeys or bad weather

Mine rarely comes on, but when it does id rather it come in smoother, maybe AmD could share some light on this

If i remember, the post also documents how to individually disable or enable the ABS, ESP and EDL... it doesn't cover how to modify the level at which it kicks in though.

[ QUOTE ]

I came across a post on Seat cupra net a month or two ago, about a guy who had the "S3 traction control" software loaded onto his Ibiza ECU by...Jabba. Do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the post I was referring to...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64850

...but I may have got the wrong end of the stick regarding Jabba transferring the S3 traction control to the Ibiza. Other posts which I have just read seem to indicate that Jabba used an S3 ECU in the Ibiza in order to use the S3's traction control systems.

Anyway, its worth searching on there and having a read.

Jabba may know of some tweaks, or if its possible.

AL

Reducing boost/timing/fuel when it detects wheelspin to a greater degree than esp......which i do not have!!!

mine comes in too quick on the S3 so I switch it off when driving hard. The R32 my mate has hardly ever kicks in.

I agree it can be dangerous when you set off fast and it kicks in its like you have stalled the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

you could always fit an aftermarket traction control system with variable levels?

[ QUOTE ]
did that cause your skid Slug?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no, i went ice skating on rutland waters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif