Anyone had a play with a e60 535D that's been mapped ?

Goubo1

Reaction score
Anyone had a play with a 535D ?i had a play with one on the way home from Inverness tonight it was more or less even to 100 (kph) then I was pulling away from him we stopped and had a chat and he said he had a evolve map onit,would be good to know if anyone else has had a play with one and how you faired ??

my neighbour in his rs5 had a do with my mate in his 535d mapped, at the end my neighbour asked him what it was because it was debaged and suprisingly fast. obv lost but still, theyre big ole 3 litre twin turbo with loads of torque

my neighbour in his rs5 had a do with my mate in his 535d mapped, at the end my neighbour asked him what it was because it was debaged and suprisingly fast. obv lost but still, theyre big ole 3 litre twin turbo with loads of torque

was just doing some research there Karl when mapped they make around 700nm that's mental torque and around 340bhp,would be a great car to own plenty of comfort and performance

I've driven a dms automotive remapped 335d coupe m sport and they do fly......

id say it was quicker 60-100 mph than my m3 ! Off the line they aren't as good because they have a lesser diff and all that shazzle.

Sean

I've driven a dms automotive remapped 335d coupe m sport and they do fly......

id say it was quicker 60-100 mph than my m3 ! Off the line they aren't as good because they have a lesser diff and all that shazzle.

Sean

was that a e46 m3 ??

It chucked out some black smoke though ............ Just thought I would add, and it was properly loud when hammering it sounds worse than my work transit van.

now the best and fastest diesel on the market at the minute that is in my opinion of course is the new 2013 audi a6 3.0 tdi bi-turbo Quattro

0-60 in 5 seconds for a big car that's impressive, and when you go in the mmi system and choose dynamic mode it sounds like a s4! With it being new Quattro it handles like its on rails too.

sean

It chucked out some black smoke though ............ Just thought I would add, and it was properly loud when hammering it sounds worse than my work transit van.

now the best and fastest diesel on the market at the minute that is in my opinion of course is the new 2013 audi a6 3.0 tdi bi-turbo Quattro

0-60 in 5 seconds for a big car that's impressive, and when you go in the mmi system and choose dynamic mode it sounds like a s4! With it being new Quattro it handles like its on rails too.

sean

after we stopped for a chat and we both headed off he booted it and was chucking out some black smoke to

That's because he had a DPF delete, diesel engines are strangled with emissions regulations... 300 Bhp and 600 Nm of torque feels fast in a car sub 1500kg, my 2.5 tdi is very fast and is hauling over 1700Kg...

Reactions: Goubo1
I know of remaped 335d`s at Pod doing very low 13 1/4s too. Not too shabby really!

Just from a map as far as i know. This was years ago when they first came out almost. Guy i knew with a B20 CRX used to go to pod for practice most weekends and would often see a guy running a 335d and found it quite surprising that this BMW would put up a good fight down the strip. His CRX would do 13 flat and this BMW was like 13.2 or something.

Just from a map as far as i know. This was years ago when they first came out almost. Guy i knew with a B20 CRX used to go to pod for practice most weekends and would often see a guy running a 335d and found it quite surprising that this BMW would put up a good fight down the strip. His CRX would do 13 flat and this BMW was like 13.2 or something.

wonder what would be achievable with a few basic mods ?? If it can do they times on just a map

The old 330d could do a lot more power on the older gtb single turbo, them 3.0d engine fitted with 535d nozzles and mandatory remap will do 350Bhp all day long. Gearbox is at it's limits and the chassis is struggling with all that torque but at least it can make the numbers !
The twin turbo setup on the 335 is built to give very smooth, gradual torque but they are actually very small and past a remap, they are not suitable for more power. The latest tri-turbo is a different kettle of fish, 2 small turbo for HP and one big motha for the LP...that kicks *** !

Reactions: RS4B5
Yep they are great engines the m57 had 530d remapped on 200k still pulled hard 535d with a map are nearly 400bhp

Yep they are great engines the m57 had 530d remapped on 200k still pulled hard 535d with a map are nearly 400bhp

This thread is so old that all the participants died of old age years ago.

Reactions: superkarl