8V S3 Tuning Thread

How about we all just wait until the maps become available before saying what power is (or isn't) actually achievable?

The voice of sense.

The 8P section went through this of course,and I guess every time a new model comes along,it will happen again.

Reactions: Ash B and pat15312
How about we all just wait until the maps become available before saying what power is (or isn't) actually achievable?

:yahoo:

Don't think another speculative 'my d**k is gonna be bigger than your d**k when it comes out' thread is probably needed as there may already be enough of those on the net. Enjoy the car, the process of modding, share the learnings and most of all try to have fun doing it rather than making it ridiculously competitive.

Reactions: Ash B, pat15312 and RedDejavu
Agreed. There is no point in arguing. We all know my tune will be the best.

Reactions: Ash B, warren_S5 and pat15312
Come on people. This thread is getting boring! I need to see some build threads! No one else tuning anything? Let's see some dynos!

Update on my end:

-Ordered Pipercross Induction Kit from Graeme yesterday
-Forge FMIC has landed and in my hands
-Still waiting on the Milltek DP which I don't think has even been built yet!

After this, I need to start looking into suspension mods. H&R has a set of sway bars that look enticing.

Parts we need someone to make:

-The stock control arms are garbage. Literally look like they're made from a thin piece of sheet metal.

PS. Go APR! Never! :)

Here is a video of Bull-X exhaust construction

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: s33nyboy12
Come on people. This thread is getting boring! I need to see some build threads! No one else tuning anything? Let's see some dynos!

Update on my end:

-Ordered Pipercross Induction Kit from Graeme yesterday
-Forge FMIC has landed and in my hands
-Still waiting on the Milltek DP which I don't think has even been built yet!

After this, I need to start looking into suspension mods. H&R has a set of sway bars that look enticing.

Parts we need someone to make:

-The stock control arms are garbage. Literally look like they're made from a thin piece of sheet metal.

PS. Go APR! Never! :)

Dinoed the S3 + M Cantronic = 455Nm - 380 hp. (MAHA ).

Future plans Forge IC.

Regards

Oettinger has restricted torque for DSG in their tuning kit. This is from their's website: Audi S3 8V-->max. torque:
346 lb ft (470 (DSG 420) Nm).
I wonder why. Other tuners have basically 450-460Nm. Are they too conservative or is that really safe limit?

Reactions: vegnomeat
Oettinger has restricted torque for DSG in their tuning kit. This is from their's website: Audi S3 8V-->max. torque:
346 lb ft (470 (DSG 420) Nm).
I wonder why. Other tuners have basically 450-460Nm. Are they too conservative or is that really safe limit?

I think this is because they have not changed something on the DSG Software. The standard limit without changing something on the DSG software is 420nm.

The old DSG from the S3 8P and Golf 6 R was able to handle 460-500nm. So the new DSG should handle a little bit more nm. 500nm should be no problem...

impressive :)

now with mtm I'm doing:

0-100kmh: 4,5s
0-160kmh: 9s
0-180kmh: 11s
0-200kmh:14s
0-230kmh:19s
0-240kmh:22s
0-250kmh:25s
0-260kmh:29s
0-266kmh:33s

s-tronic.

regards.

100 - 160kmh in 4.5 secs?!?!? I would love to see how this was measured, as that is very very fast if true..

I think this is because they have not changed something on the DSG Software. The standard limit without changing something on the DSG software is 420nm.

The old DSG from the S3 8P and Golf 6 R was able to handle 460-500nm. So the new DSG should handle a little bit more nm. 500nm should be no problem...

Good to know. I just ordered S3 Stronic and plan to tune that :rockwoot:

100 - 160kmh in 4.5 secs?!?!? I would love to see how this was measured, as that is very very fast if true..

I have a video of it.

measured with the laptimer of the S3.

so this way everyone can see it is not modified.

regards.

I have a video of it.

measured with the laptimer of the S3.

so this way everyone can see it is not modified.

regards.

Would need to be Vbox or similar to be in anyway accurate.. Speedo vids and timers don't cut the mustard for me.

Reactions: Satdiver and warren_S5
Just ordered a Scorpion catback exhaust, hopefully get it on within the next 3 weeks

Reactions: J6YAK and Fiddie
Would need to be Vbox or similar to be in anyway accurate.. Speedo vids and timers don't cut the mustard for me.

Speedo's can be 6-7mph out at the extremes, so ditto VBOX or similar industry standard (e.g. not iPhone) would tell a far more clear picture of the truth.

Nice one look forward to hearing that, will it be on before you head back to Aberdeen?

Most definitely mate! Unless they mess up the production.... Hopefully that won't happen though haha

Reactions: J6YAK
What tips did you go for mate?

Went for the polished tips, wasn't sure about the black tips as the car is already blacked out a fair bit and I wanted the tips to stand out a little instead of blending in. How have you found the system so far? And did you also go non-res?

Aran

The system is spot on, looks good and sounds good although non res was too loud for me, but did sound amazing especially with s-tronic. Motorway cruising speeds were just too loud to live with but the resonated version is spot on for me.

Are you getting the rolled tips or straight cut ones, im looking to change my black straight cut tip to a rolled finish at some point.

Went for the polished tips, wasn't sure about the black tips as the car is already blacked out a fair bit and I wanted the tips to stand out a little instead of blending in. How have you found the system so far? And did you also go non-res?

Aran

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price tag?

I've been priced £710 including fitting for the catback, after I go stage 2 I might go for a decat and that would be an extra £300 odd.

That's not too bad actually I'll wait till I hear yours before ordering mine now.
So about your tips, are they rolled? Round? Or oval?

Reactions: Aran383
The system is spot on, looks good and sounds good although non res was too loud for me, but did sound amazing especially with s-tronic. Motorway cruising speeds were just too loud to live with but the resonated version is spot on for me.

Are you getting the rolled tips or straight cut ones, im looking to change my black straight cut tip to a rolled finish at some point.

I've got s-tronic so that should be good! does it pop and bang louder on upshift and downshift? I also do a fair bit of motorway miles, so I might need to change to a res system if i think it's too loud, hopefully it won't be too bad though? I should be getting the rolled tips as I did tell them i didn't want the straight cut ones, as it's a bit stock looking.

Going to go with a milltek on mine, with the black exhaust tips, probably an AMD remap too, as have used them before and they were excellent. Anyone know prices for the milltek (resonated)?

anyone who knows if the rs3/ttrs or rs5 brake will fit the 2014 s3 limousine ?
and if so what et value i need for the rims ?

8.5 x 19 et?

Interested to see when people have got their teeth into this. 400 horse should surely be achievable with intake, TBE & map. Hopefully ordering a new SB/Saloon soon.

Reactions: Ash B, warren_S5 and veeeight
Answer me here people.....

-Glacier white SB
-Galaxy black VMR V701
-No black styling back (and may or may not go down the black path)

Standard polished tips, or gloss black?

Answer me here people.....

-Glacier white SB
-Galaxy black VMR V701
-No black styling back (and may or may not go down the black path)

Standard polished tips, or gloss black?

The white with black wheels has kinda been done to death in the UK although does look good. Im gonna stick with anthracite when I change the wheels though.

Personally as mine has the black styling pack I went with the black tips, the exhaust was the only chrome thing on the car and I love the stealthy mean look the black tips give.

Interested to see when people have got their teeth into this. 400 horse should surely be achievable with intake, TBE & map. Hopefully ordering a new SB/Saloon soon.

That would be my goal when i get my car jan 2015 ......

Happy to report I have a brand new 2014 s3 sportback with dtuk box installed.

The pull is drastically increased the torque is now awesome. At 6th gear it used to need kick down but now the Turbo pulls all the way without hesitation up to 145km/h. I only have 500km on the clock its only one its first tank of fuel so I didn't really Rev the car. But initial thots are very positive. Highly recommended for the price compares with mtm or abt.

Reactions: J6YAK
20140529 123323

Rays 19 forged g25 style.

Reactions: Spacedude22 and J6YAK