what am I supposed to do for 8 hours?

Yeh, I requested mine all to be done Euro-style (I have 3 plates as I requested an extra rear plate for towing), and it was done by Nottingham Audi without a problem. Guess you just have to remember to ask before they do the plates!

hmm yea, I hadn't noticed tbh, but you're right, it's a bit annoying they didn't fit the euro-style ones; I didn't even think cars came without them these days! Seeing as I'm planning on driving to Germany in a couple of weeks, I'd rather not be sticking GB stickers on it!

Reactions: cemerson
hmm yea, I hadn't noticed tbh, but you're right, it's a bit annoying they didn't fit the euro-style ones; I didn't even think cars came without them these days! Seeing as I'm planning on driving to Germany in a couple of weeks, I'd rather not be sticking GB stickers on it!

Make sure it's fully run in before you go. It would be a bummer to be on the autobahns in an S3 and not be able to open the taps.

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Handover was a bit of an anti-climax, and although I could see other people getting the silk sheet/handover room experience whilst I was waiting for my sales man, I got taken outside (in the dark) to be presented my car in the drizzle.... thanks for that Nottingham Audi!

I think thats poor not getting the full treatment, I would not have been impressed with them. You will probably get a satisfaction questionaire about your buying experience, if you do then you can then rate then as you see fit.
I got the silk sheet in the main showroom, the Sales Manager came and thanked me for the order, there was a tank of fuel in it and a bottle of Champagne for the wife; that was from Cheshire Oaks Audi.

I didn't get any silk sheets or anything at Nottingham, it was just at the front of the showroom, but I didn't expect anything else being September 1st with so many pickups!

Got chatting to a dealer about reveals....

He made a good point saying that they don't wash the sheets often, and they pick up all sorts of grit from the floor... that and the tyre blackener stuff they use can easily get on the sheet. - now think, when they do the "swoosh" thing with the sheet all over your nice new car and perfect paint work

I'd rather they didn't put a sheet on it thanks :). Tho it would be nice to be inside especially if its all drizzly, and even more so now it's getting cold!

Reactions: cemerson
Love the color, not too sure about the grill, probably because i dont own one... (not jealous at all honest...)

Ignore the low revs for 500-1000 miles, but make sure its properly warmed up before giving it beans!

not sure about the grill? in what way may i ask?

So glad, I've gone for this colour!

Although I'd seen one in a showroom, and heard a lot about how it looks different in different light conditions, it really doesn't prepare you for how cracking it looks; whether it be in the car park under artificial light, in dull conditions, or bright sunshine; the way it takes on different tones (without being one of those awful green to purple colour change jobs) is really special. The chrome bits look really good against it too. You've definitely made a good choice!

Reactions: Louay
Although I'd seen one in a showroom, and heard a lot about how it looks different in different light conditions, it really doesn't prepare you for how cracking it looks; whether it be in the car park under artificial light, in dull conditions, or bright sunshine; the way it takes on different tones (without being one of those awful green to purple colour change jobs) is really special. The chrome bits look really good against it too. You've definitely made a good choice!

Good stuff, great minds think alike!

Completely true with both the crystal paints. Pictures just don't do them justice at all. It's kind of annoying because it's hard to try persuade people that they're worth the extra money. They're a real wow factor!

Good stuff, great minds think alike!

and me and me!

estoril from pictures and vids appears to be a very versatile colour, my previous S3's all had the black styling pack but this time i went with the silver grill as i think all the silver areas and trim of the car compliments estoril blue so so well and i am sure Dave will say...'you have to see it in the flesh'

and me and me!

estoril from pictures and vids appears to be a very versatile colour, my previous S3's all had the black styling pack but this time i went with the silver grill as i think all the silver areas and trim of the car compliments estoril blue so so well and i am sure Dave will say...'you have to see it in the flesh'

Definitely, Estoril and black styling pack combined would be a big no no for me.

Quick update; I emailed the dealer yesterday to have a little moan about the lack of euro-plates (thanks for pointing that out Pilot) and he emailed back in the afternoon to say he's had them made up already and I can pop in to get them fitted any time :)

Also, for my sins, I drove to Slough from Nottingham yesterday. Aside from being the most pleasurable journey to Slough ever, the car (with only 100-odd miles on the clock) returned 36 mpg average on the round-trip; and that was with my heavy right foot on the A43, and some stop-start traffic (although admittedly keeping it reigned in under 4K revs most of the time). My old 2.0T 8P Quattro used to be in the 20s for the same journey.

Seeing as I've heard that the mpg only gets better after a couple of thousand miles, I'm very impressed!

Reactions: Lmg
That's fantastic news.

Is yours a manual or S-Tronic?

When we test drove the Truro Audi demo (manual SB) it had 3000+ miles on and returned us 41.5mpg on a normal drive of 45 miles round Cornish roads, the A30 and right through Truro at 5pm.

Incredible tech these days, 300hp and 30+ mpg is outstanding. I've long thought that the 'oversized' engine in light car must = decent MPG, especially when compared to the same car with a lesser engine as it has to work a lot harder.

It's a manual too. Even though Audi quote the 40/41 MPG, I never thought it would be in anyway achievable, but looks like I was wrong!

I used to think the performance/economy combination of the 3.0 TDIs (like in the A4 and A5) was stellar, but the S3 does the same quoted MPG with a bunch more performance and lighter weight (and distribution) :D

yep, exactly. I had a BMW E46 330d auto touring and it did 30mpg round town and 40mpg on a run. Looks like the S3 will beat or equal that (s-tronic) with over 100bhp more and PETROL!

god how we've come a long way

Yea, and seeing as petrol's a little cheaper, even if they did do exactly the same MPG, it would be cheaper to run!

Although, I suppose that's possibly a little unfair, as I do use Super Unleaded, which is about the same price as normal Diesel, but I'd probably be putting Premium Diesel in one of the 3.0 TDIs, so that's about 10p more per litre again.

Very impressed with the mpg these new s3's are getting.
Win win :)
Deffo going to have a midlife crises and order one next year :)