rear fog lamp question

griffj

Reaction score
Website
www.qrsport.com
have just had the rear light clusters off today to clean behind them (yes i am that anal) noticed the nearside has a blanking plate over the fog lamp bulb holder, so ive popped it out and inserted a new bulb in, so as you have probably gussed by now it still wont light, so the question is what electrical changes do i have to make to get it to work,
any help appreciated.

PS,
also what is the deal with the fuse box numbering, where in the manual it says "no;19 fog lamps, rear fog lamp" its completely blank, is everyone elses the same?
if so which fuse is the fog lamp protector.

I tried the same and then I decided not to look further into it. If you have two fog lights then they can be mistaken for brake lights. I decided it was actually better to have just the one.

[ QUOTE ]
have just had the rear light clusters off today to clean behind them (yes i am that anal) noticed the nearside has a blanking plate over the fog lamp bulb holder, so ive popped it out and inserted a new bulb in, so as you have probably gussed by now it still wont light, so the question is what electrical changes do i have to make to get it to work,
any help appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this too. Didn't you notice the N/S/R bulb holder doesn't have any contacts in it?!!!

If you order a new bulb holder from Audi they are the same for LHD and RHD so should come with contacts. The only thing I never got round to checking was a feed at the terminal block on the bulb holder - If there's a feed then a new bulb holder ((£10 odd) should sort it.

I'll check for a feed and let you know. If there isn't one then as Scotty says I wont lose any sleep over it.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I tried this too. Didn't you notice the N/S/R bulb holder doesn't have any contacts in it?!!!

If you order a new bulb holder from Audi they are the same for LHD and RHD so should come with contacts. The only thing I never got round to checking was a feed at the terminal block on the bulb holder - If there's a feed then a new bulb holder ((£10 odd) should sort it.

I'll check for a feed and let you know. If there isn't one then as Scotty says I wont lose any sleep over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the N/S/R lamp holder on mine allready has all the contacts in it, ive checked that, like i said, i just popped out the blank and then placed a new bulb in the holder, there isnt any power getting to the connectors, ive checked. was hoping for a quick fix, eg, just add another fuse or relay somewhere in the stock system.

but thanks anyway, if i have no luck i'll get a friend of mine with the VAG software to pop over to see if theres anything we can "switch on" as such.

Ok, mine was just a blank hole!........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

(Audi must be watching the pennies these days!!!)

Keep us posted with how you get on!

My rear nearside foglight has power to it, but is blanked off.
havent got around to fixing it yet.
Does the balnk simply pop out or need to be cut out ?

there is on mine bud, not sure about all of them out there,
just need to get power to it, not a necessity in the uk i know, but im off to belgium soon, so want to make sure im 100% legal, they tend to pick on uk cars a bit, ive been stopped every single time ive been to belgium, and im glad to say they have never found a thing wrong.

There is a reason only one lights up.

There are a lot of stupid Americans who drive with their rear fog lights on (both sides) and it looks like they are ridding the breaks all the time they are driving. It annoys the crap out of me.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a reason only one lights up.

There are a lot of stupid Americans who drive with their rear fog lights on (both sides) and it looks like they are ridding the breaks all the time they are driving. It annoys the crap out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - but it'll be nice to get in front and annoy the crap out of them too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif