Random leak - S3

blackturbo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So someone very kindly bumped the front of my S3 - I thought the only damage was the bumper coming loose.

But now that I have taken the bumper off I can see that when I start the car water runs down and drips off my intercooler! Now the intercooler appears in tact and the fluid is water not G12 so I assume it is from the washer reservoir as apposed to the cooler itself but my question is where is it coming from!?

I can see no trail of water till the bottom of the cooler but I do seem to need to top up my jets alot more than I would expect too. How easy is it to remove the washer jet reservoir?

Thanks

Could be from the radiator too if you say it's fluid leak.

he said its water, not G12 fluid, so it cant be radiator on my opinion. How hard was bumped your s3? I mean if it was gently touch then is hard to belive that your washer reservoir is damage, but if touch was little bit harder then could be, because behind your right headlight is pump for headlight washers and there is really not much place, so if somebody hit you in bumper and in headlight, impackt can move your headlight little inside and its enaugh to break pump or washer reservoir and btw that pump is right on top of your right intercooler.

Washers are still working but take a long time to push the water through? Leak is running off the cooler on the drivers side.

fill the washers with blue screen wash and see what leaks out...sounds like washers as thats all that would use water. ... other thing to do fill the washer bottle to the brim and leave and see if level drops....wassher pumps are only push fit into res so may have come loose.

mark

Its the headlight washers, same thing happened to me 4 years ago.

Headlamp washer hose is blanked off - Where else could it be leaking from?

Washer bottle punctured or its nipped the headlight washer hose close to were its blocked off.

Weird thing is its only coming out when the car is running - Hose for the headlamp washers seems ok. Guess I need to take half the bay apart to find out where its coming from! :S

Are they headlights easy to remove? had the bumper off to realign it and it seems a mass of once only clips on plastic trims under there!

if you take bumper of then its easy to remove headlight; you have two screws from the top (torx) and one in a quite corner (10 ring, but you will need a socket wrench on a long and thin extension) and one plastic clips below on the right (when looking towards the car) - thats it