Blown Wiper motor? * I DO NOT HAVE HIDS*

burbank2broward

Reaction score
Hey guys,

2 days ago my wipers all of a sudden stopped working. Its a well known fact that aftermarket HIDS blow the wiper motor and I cant seem to google anything about my problem because all the topics that come up are for HIDS

Anyways is there any reason why my wiper blades would stop working if I have halogen bulbs?

*Also the obvious statement would be to bring it to the dealer, but since I'm on air suspension and stuff most likely a dealer will try and blame "electrical" problems on that...*

Could just be the wiper motor has died, check all fuses & make sure no systems have been interfered with by your mods.

Could just be the wiper motor has died, check all fuses & make sure no systems have been interfered with by your mods.

wiper motors just die with 21,000 miles on a car? I changed/replaced the fuse... And yea I haven't touched the wipers when I did my air install.

Mileage has nothing to do with it overall, could be worn, age, wiring, faulty manufacture, take your pick, however its not to say its the part at fault here, you need to research it more with a view to swapping the part out for another to test.

So the fuse had blown?

Mileage has nothing to do with it overall, could be worn, age, wiring, faulty manufacture, take your pick, however its not to say its the part at fault here, you need to research it more with a view to swapping the part out for another to test.

So the fuse had blown?

No the fuse was fine. I just replaced it to see if that was the problem.

these are the bulbs im using....

tUNAtCM.jpg

So magically......... out of nowhere my wipers started working again last night

So magically......... out of nowhere my wipers started working again last night

A few things i'd suggest to check then.

I'm not too sure where the wiper motor is situated but make sure theres no standing water in or around the area. I've seen a fair few audis mostly older ones where they have standing water in that sort of area after the guttering system has become blocked up with crap.

Is ur bonnet closed properly? The wipers wont work if the bonnets open or even if the sensor or something is dodgy that could be causing an issue.

Do u have automatic wipers? Could be a problem with the sensor, although im sure u would have tried manually activating the wipers.

I'd also try the following, without starting the car, key in, ignition on, key out, tap wiper stalk down. See if the wipers go into service mode. Could help rule out a motor fault. Also do ur wipers pop up/down ever so slightly when u start and stop the car?

It was about to pour after work so as a safety measure I went to check if my wipers worked or not before I drove home.... Andddd they didn't work.... So after further inspection.... The slot where the fuse sits in makes the fuse wiggly and loose, it's not making a tight connection.. Any way to make it fit well or do I need to buy a whole new fuse box?

You can get a ice pick headed tool or tiny screwdriver & push the fuse points back into the middle, to get a better/tighter connection again.