Aux in retro fit

lankysam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know retrofitting aux cables has been covered and I've read the guide posted: rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit

Now I've bought all the bits he lists in the guide but he only writes about how to retrofit the male end of a cable handing out from under the dash.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to wire the OEM female aux in port in instead of the cable it's self?

Is it just a matter of wiring from the 32pin into the back of the aux port and if so which order as there is 4 connections?

Which is left which is right and which is earth?

Its a mk1 rnse head unit by the way if that makes any difference and I've bought all the items listed in the above retrofit.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 183
No it doesnt, the link by Mark is clear about the 4 pin & 32 pin connections, read it fully & properly.

Says in the guide tha PIN numbers are 1-Ground 2-Right and 3-Left, 4-Not connected

So at a guess there will be numbers on the 4pin block?? Sometimes there is and extra connector around another so to speak and the numbers are normally underneath...

My apologies, re-read it and it does state that sorry. I obviously missed that. And after that last post Boon, I've noticed that the numbers are stamped minutely on the connector. Thank you both!!