Indicator clicking?

MarcA3Turbo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
just got my first Audi, a 2001 A3 Turbo. Pretty chuffed so far, besides one or two minor niggles. After I cancel the indicators the clicking continues for a couple of seconds, usually faster than normal, but the indicators themselves are off. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Any advice appreciated, cheers, Marc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sounds like it could either be:

1. the indicator relay - it's part of the hazard warning light in the dash. Mine recently went - started with strange timing between clicks, then failed completely. Takes about 2 mins to replace as you just swap the whole hazard switch for a new one. I had my one replaced under warranty about 2 weeks ago.

2. indicator bulbs. If one goes, others can do double-time clicking, but yours sounds different as yours carry on after you cancel them...

so maybe I should suggest a

3. indicator stalk itself?
I have no experience of problems with stalks, but you could try a search on "indicator stalk"...?

Same thing happened to my 306 and it turned out to be the relay

Thanks guys,

I'd asked a few people already and the relay seemed to be the general consensus, so I'm guessing thats probabaly it alright. Cheers for the input