Another rough idle thread

Well this is weird....just at the audi dealership getting a bolt for the dogbone and I'm sitting in the car with it idling and the car is doing its shaky thing, but then I put my hand on the gear stick and pushed up towards 3rd gear with out the clutch being pressed just to see if I could feel it through the gear stick ( which i could a little) and it actually stopped the shaking through the car, I was applying a bit of pressure but not forcing it in to gear obviously as the clutch wasn't down , so basically the shaking stops when I push up on the gear stick but then the car shakes again once I let go of gear stick.... Does this even make sense what I'm saying here?

I've not had much sleep so sorry if it sounds confusing lol

Last edited:
Just an update

I've just fitted the dogbone mount insert and so far so good, I went on a 20 min drive and I'd say its 90% better but I'm going out on a long drive in a little while so that will be the true test .

Well this is weird....just at the audi dealership getting a bolt for the dogbone and I'm sitting in the car with it idling and the car is doing its shaky thing, but then I put my hand on the gear stick and pushed up towards 3rd gear with out the clutch being pressed just to see if I could feel it through the gear stick ( which i could a little) and it actually stopped the shaking through the car, I was applying a bit of pressure but not forcing it in to gear obviously as the clutch wasn't down , so basically the shaking stops when I push up on the gear stick but then the car shakes again once I let go of gear stick.... Does this even make sense what I'm saying here?

I've not had much sleep so sorry if it sounds confusing lol
Hi new member here but got same problem as you had (when I did the 3rd gear test it stopped). Did the mounts fix your problem?