2007 A3 fuse 24 issues

tefkab

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been a lurker for a while and this forum has helped me out massively a few times so thanks for that. I am, however, a bit stuck and feel like I'm running in circles.

I've got a few issues with my 2007 A3 2.0 TDi S line Sportback. Firstly, a while back I had an engine management light appear on the dash. I had it checked out and saved the info on my phone, only to have to restore the phone so I lost the data. From memory the message said something about manifold flaps I think? The person diagnosing said it wasn't a major issue but that I should take a part off and clean it, it should fix the problem. Again, I saved the info, part name etc, on my phone, but lost it due to the restore.

Onto another issue; my Concert 2 stereo has totally packed up. No display, it doesn't switch on. So I did some checks on the fuses (I have the engine bay fuse box with 30 fuses in). I found that Fuse 8 was intact. I removed the stereo and the small 10A mini fuse on the unit is also intact. I then noticed that Fuse 24 (10A) in the fuse box had blown.

The research I've done leads me to believe that Fuse 24 has something to do with my first problem. I still have no idea what is causing the stereo fault.

Can anyone shed some light on both issues for me, please? Like which part I need to look at regarding the manifold flap issue, and what might be causing the stereo problem. I'm thinking they're not linked but I would really appreciate some advice from the experts.

Thanks in advance.

The cause of the F24 blowing will be the intake manifold flap sticking, which causes excessive current draw which in turn blows the fuse. To rectify you need to take the intake manifold flap off and give it a clean (it will be full of black gunk/carbon). If you are lucky cleaning it will solve the issue, failing that it is likely a new flap is required.

See the following link for images etc

LINK

The cause of the F24 blowing will be the intake manifold flap sticking, which causes excessive current draw which in turn blows the fuse. To rectify you need to take the intake manifold flap off and give it a clean (it will be full of black gunk/carbon). If you are lucky cleaning it will solve the issue, failing that it is likely a new flap is required.

See the following link for images etc

LINK

Hey Lewis, that's brilliant, thanks for that. It's just what I was looking for but my searches didn't find it. So I'm guessing maybe the stereo is a separate fault?

In all liklihood yes. Have you chacked all the fuses in the cabin? The cabin fusebox is located at the end of the dash on the drivers side.

To access it, open the door and you wil see a removable panel on the end of the dash. Carefully pry this off starting at the rear-most point and worked your way round. Taking care not to damage any trim.

Like so;
ComingHome001.jpg

Hey cheers again.... I didn't even realise there were fuses there, as my manual talks about fuses being on the left side and there weren't any. I didn't even think to look on the right :think:

Will take a look at them all but there's no fuse listed in that panel for stereos. I'll pull the radio out again today and check the voltage to it if I can find a pin out for the main connector.

OK so I've taken that part off and it was filthy and stuck. Cleaning it has freed it up but I've put it back on and the fuse is still blowing. Does that fuse connect with anything else in the car or is it just protecting the motor in the valve? If it's solely related to the valve I'm guessing I need a new one. Is this the correct part for a 2007 140 2.0 TDi A3?

Pierburg Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Update: I took the part off and it was, indeed, filthy and stuck. I cleaned it and it freed up and it felt mechanically sound. I couldn't get that side plate off to see the cogs though. After refitting, however, Fuse 24 continues to blow. Is anything else run off the same fuse or just this part? If it's the only thing I guess it's knacked and it needs replacing. Before I order the wrong bit, is this or this the part I need for a 2007 A3 140 2.0 TDi? If I select my model in the EuroCarParts website I'm given two options for the throttle body?

I'll post separately about the stereo.

Last edited:
tefkab, my circuit diagrams indicate that there are indeed two fuses in the engine fuse box for the audio and navigation systems. Checkout both F8 which should be a 15 amp fuse, and F9 which should be 5 amps. Good luck.

Bumping, just don't want to waste £160 on the wrong part or find it's something else blowing the fuse

Sorry to dig up an old thread, did you get the check engine light out and fixed the fuse issue by replacing the manifold flap? Currently experiencing the same issue on my ‘06 2.0TDi A3.