A3 2.0 TDI Quattro - cutting out

tubby_tony

Reaction score
My Audi A3 2.0 TDI Quattro was bought 3 weeks ago and this has happened on several occassions now. So far I only see this happen when the car is at normal running temperature. After cruising along at 70mph then slowing down to a stop quite quickly without going down the gears (but not as severe as an emergency stop) the car will cut out. She starts up again straight away on turning the key. I was originally thinking fueling issues and put her into Audi for a full service with all filters and fluids being changed. Any how car is still doing it and it happened when my missus was driving it, so its not my driving skills. No error codes are being reported. I still have two months warranty on the car so I will be contacting the dealer but would like an idea as to what the problem could be.

Dirty injectors possibly or something on the ignition side but then I would expect error codes being thrown. Suggestions please? Any one had a similar experience. Thanks.

Tony

Last edited:
I had a similar problem on a pd golf - turned out to be the tandem fuel pump. No fault codes either.

To top it off the stealers were utterly useless as they didn't have a clue what the fault was.

I had a similar problem on a pd golf - turned out to be the tandem fuel pump. No fault codes either.

To top it off the stealers were utterly useless as they didn't have a clue what the fault was.

Cheers mate. Just checked up on how to test the pump and a special tool is required and it does not look like it takes long to disconnect and test. I will see if I can get it checked out by a friend who works for Audi.