Tech letter - xenon motors

Buster

Reaction score
Does anyone know the tech letter number for the problem with the xenon lights not leveling.

I have had the car in twice to Audi now and both times they say that they just need adjusting, the next day they are not leveling again and the dealer said they have never had this problem before.

Sorry no, but I have had mine adjusted twice in the last year. I paid for the first adjustment but the dealer agreed to do it free the second time.

If out of warranty, I don't think there's anything you can do, even if this is a common problem. I don't think it works like that unfortunately.

It is still under warranty thus being the reason for pushing the dealer into sorting me out with the new motors or sensors

if they're broken, they're broken and the dealer won't (can't) argue with that.

The motor is a general weakness though, and it's not something that is solved by fitting newer parts. Nor is it something that the dealer will replace as a kind of recall problem - they'll only do it if they are broken.

remove them and put 240 volts trough them. They def wont work after that and they will have to replace them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Car was in the dealers today and they have said there is nothing wrong with them and they work as they should, but I know they don't.

I told them that is an intermitant problem and normally OK when you first turn them on and they just end up going low after a few minutes. But they are saying that they are working fine at there premises and cannot do any more.

When I mentioned the tech letter regarding them they said they have never heard of the problem being issued on a tech letter.

Does a tech letter exist for this problem? If so is there a referance?

It really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off cos I drive a lot of country roads in the dark and can't see 2 metres in front of me

Had this exact same problem just before xmas and trying to convince / explain to dealer was, well lets just say i was beginning to think i would have more of a chance of bedding angelina jolie than them ever believing me. In the end they changed the motor (car in for two days).
i dont know if other people have problems with dealers but i find that if a fault occurs i have to give them a full and extremely detailed description, then tell them what it could be, and when they have drawn a blank tell them how to fix it.

Took me 8 visits to my local dealer to get this fixed on mine. After I finally managed to convince them there was actually a problem (visit number 5 i think) they repeatedly told me that it definitely wouldn't be the motor, until they ran out of other ideas and chaged the motor.