Audi A4 tdi multitronic 143 bhp

Lonestartt

Reaction score
Good afternoon one and all,

tried a few searches and thought Id just come to the horses mouth so to speak.

Being offered a good deal on a 2.0tdi multitronic A4 S line but its the slightly slower version (the deal is why I dont find a 170bhp straight off) , I see diesel tuning chips for circa £120, are these effective in raising the power and performance of the lesser models and where is reliable to buy from etc, can this be done with the auto boxes in the same way?

many thanks in advance

Good afternoon one and all,

tried a few searches and thought Id just come to the horses mouth so to speak.

Being offered a good deal on a 2.0tdi multitronic A4 S line but its the slightly slower version (the deal is why I dont find a 170bhp straight off) , I see diesel tuning chips for circa £120, are these effective in raising the power and performance of the lesser models and where is reliable to buy from etc, can this be done with the auto boxes in the same way?

many thanks in advance

Was this a cheeky first post? lack of forum etiquette etc?

Apologies, I wonder simply if anyone has had experience of one of the £120 diesel chip tuning like these http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=2&model=22&variant=61

or

Diesel Tuning Chip for Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140PS / 103kW / 138bhp

is there some to avoid like the plague?

The alternative is a BMW 320d standard 160bhp but it just doesnt feel the same to drive at all and pretty basic in comparison with the s line

To answer your question, go for a remap instead of a tuning box. There are tuners out there who can map the car to cater for the auto box, e.g. Less torque. The 170 tdi unit is not as reliable as the 140 one based on my research, but it all happens once mileage goes past 60k+ miles.

thanks for this, does it need less torque then? worth the extra payment to have it done with the trip, this one of those fancy multitronic affairs that you can play arcade driving in.

the car in question has just gone past 60k....

thanks for this, does it need less torque then? worth the extra payment to have it done with the trip, this one of those fancy multitronic affairs that you can play arcade driving in.

the car in question has just gone past 60k....

Not 100% sure, if it's a DSG gearbox, there's an upper torque limit, but I've not owned one, so can't comment?