Mintex m1144 brake pads or alternatives ?

shuggy81

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for new front pads. I have a 1.8t Q 190 , 312mm fronts & 255mm rears. Few weeks ago changed rears discs + pads to Brembo's from GSF, now looking to change fronts.

I had discs + pads changed to basic & cheap stuff from ECP i believe (not checked them but done from garage so im certain cheapest pads were used with OEM discs). I am looking to leave the discs as they look fine, just want better pads.

So far seem to settle on the M1144 as I don't want to spend £150+ on Hawks or Ferodo's.

Are they anygood or can you suggest any alternative's ?

Thanks

Pagid pads are ok if you're not looking to spend £££'s. Plus they are Audi OEM pads. ECP sells them. It's all I fit onto my cars nowadays.

I might have a closer look when the weather clears up. I had to use the brakes few weeks back and it did not stop and felt spongy, i actually thought I was going to rear end someone.

I hear Pagids are good as you mentioned, seem to be OEM, just would like something a little better for piece of mind.

I was looking to spend max £100 for the pads. I also picked up some SS brake lines which ill bang on soon.

I have mintex on mine

not crashed in to anything yet!

I dunno some cheap ****e that cost me about 70 the set!

seriously on the road your not going to notice much difference with the cheaper brands to the most expensive

your car will only brake as much as your tyres will allow ;)

if your doing track days and getting some heat in to them and want ultimate stopping power then spend the money if not your just wasting money

I used to use EBC Yellow stuff pads on the Passat with 312mm brakes and they were pretty good. Dustier than OE but it came off real easy. Red stuff are supposed to be as good without the dust.
The EBC pads are R90 rated so are just like OE pads when cold with good friction levels.

Karl.