2.5 inch downpipe

A3 2.0 tdi sport

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2.5" cobra catback, I'm looking into getting a decat, would I be better off getting a 2.5" downpipe to match the catback or get a 3" one? Also how loud would a 2.5 be compared to a 3" thanks.

Not sure you can get a 2.5" downpipe with sports cat? They are usually 2 3/4" or 3".

You could try removing your pre-cat if you want to stick to 2.5", but be careful if you go the DPF removal route as it could be an MOT failure from next year

In terms of noise, it's not so much the bore size but the lack of pre-cat and a less restrictive main cat that makes them louder.

Pre cat meaning the middle box? If so that's 2.5" straight through already and there are 2.5 inch downpipes about, currently looking at a miltek one and ppt tuning one both 2.5", I'm mainly doing it to increase power and turbo howl, also as far as I'm aware decats on diesals are legal.

Pre cat meaning the middle box? If so that's 2.5" straight through already and there are 2.5 inch downpipes about, currently looking at a miltek one and ppt tuning one both 2.5", I'm mainly doing it to increase power and turbo howl, also as far as I'm aware decats on diesals are legal.

The pre-cat is the first 'block' after the turbo.

Milltek only offer 2.75" systems for A3 TDI's - I have access to their technical system.

Also, read this post on DPF removal - things are changing ... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=205170

HTH