Coding cruise control (s line avant)

Gillm

Reaction score
Hi guys I have looked everywhere and can't find any clear info on how to code the cruise , I've now got my stalks and trim and planning on doing this over the weekend so any info will be great .

Car is a 09 170 tdi s line avant

many thanks

I fitted cruise control to my b6 a4 but not sure if its the same coding to get working in the b8 a4.

B8 is diffrent from the B6
have you got vcds ?
then use the vcds wiki its all in there

Simple coding in the B8.

Steering Wheel - 16 > Coding > Long Coding Helper > Select 'Cruise Control Installed'
Engine - 01 > Coding > Long Coding Helper > Select 'Cruise Control Installed'

Simples.

Hi guys did this today and the cruise works but I now has a abs light on and steering angle sensor (g85 ) fault code has come up ?

Any ideas ?

How did you resolve this?
Just reset the faults?
Or was there a different cause?

Nice, thanks for the info.
But with so much info about, how can you hope to know it!

Bedtime reading now changed to Ross Wiki.
:)

I admit I found the same problem when I fitted mine - many forums on the net all with different information, guides and experiences. - only problem is half of the,m didn't match. I also had an issue with main beam going to the newer BD stalk which I had to find the info from a German forum using Google translate!! It's down to one of those things where you have to swallow and take a deep breath and hope for the best in a semi-educated way!!

Whilst I try to research things before I do them, there is value in the philosophy that you can find help for things that have gone wrong after you've done them.
If the controller is not capable, then you would have to update it to get the function, anyway.
And problems in the process (like above) are there to be cured online.
And, for me at the moment, I am getting more and more handy at stripping down switches to repair or modify them.

But my angst comes from trying to get the right bit (or the bit that give the best bang/buck, but still does the job) in amongst all the various part numbers. Ordinary wing mirrors at 60 quid, or folding ones at 150, leads to about 180 quid's research into repair kits, wiring, etc. in fact, if you can retrofit to your existing mirror chassis, there's 300 quid research to find benefit. (Of course, the research may not have benefit, so don't spend until you're sure)
Anon

Reactions: Sandra