can someone quickly look at this...is it too tight?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
cars been running a good 3 hours last night on the motorway,just decided check tensioner this morning and it was way past the cut out and past the last tap towards the right

I then started the car for only 10 seconds,and rechecked the tensioner and it was in the middle........i know the tensioner moves towards the right as the block expands when the engine gets hot,im thinking is the tensioner a bit tight,should i slack it abit and knock it down a notch?

CR 2.0 TDI heres a few pics

1st pic is after i started the car this morning for about 10 seconds,the pointer returned to the center

URL=http://s851.photobucket.com/user/vw754/media/DSC_0042_zps30856956.jpg.html]
DSC_0042_zps30856956.jpg
[/URL]

Don't worry to much, as long as it's there abouts then i would leave it alone. Did you turn the tensioner clockwise didn't you ?

YEAH...clockwise....im sure it shouldn't sit that far towards the right though..hopefully some one will look at theres when the engines fully warm and let me know exactly where their tensioner pointer sits
Don't worry to much, as long as it's there abouts then i would leave it alone. Did you turn the tensioner clockwise didn't you ?