Tips on Removing 06 8P Front Grill Needed

Rider4life

Reaction score
Picked up a 2006 8P front bumper with Grill and fogs for £90 this morning. Removed the fogs easy but i'm struggling with the grill not sure how it comes off. All screws removed all the clips are being a *****. Any tips to remove it?

2d78wmd.jpg

2v1n5h1.jpg

It's a complete pain in the a$$, all those plastic clips along its rim need to be popped through, getting the first one is the hardest but I used two flat head screwdrivers to prise it open while my mate pushed it out. Then you have to prevent it from popping back in while you get the second out, from then on with a bit of force you should be able to work your way around. What way will your new grill connect? I got a black honeycomb grill off Ebay and only once I had the old one off did I realise it didn't just pop back in where the other came out...it had to be attached with screws (not provided with the grill which had me searching all over my house!!).

Edit: I just read that you have removed screws already, happy days, mine must have been changed before I acquired it and the screws must've been just left out! £90 is pretty good btw :icon_thumright:

I need to remove the grill so i can put the bumper in for paint as my car's blue. Looks like i'm gonna be there a while getting all them clips through

It's not for your year but look at the link in my signature for help

As above, all the clips around the edge of the grill and the two rows where the number plate holder is need pushing through. A large flat blade screwdriver or some pliers to compress them whilst pulling the grill at a corner helps start it.