8V VCDS Mods

Where do the other codes originate from?...dealers?
Mostly through the use of Login Finders, Service Manuals (older vehicles) and people playing around. Dealer / workshop software tools do not normally reveal the codes as most operations are completed via so called "guided functions" these days.

Sorry,
Not quite the right forum, but it seems this is where the experts are....

Just collected my wifes new 2016 A1 1.4 SLine.

Been out with the VCDS cable to try and activate a few bits.......

Im using the latest software, genuine cable etc...

Everything I try and change, it comes up with a notice about WSC and importer codes .....it says something about putting in 000000 000 or replacing with 12345 and 123....
Didnt do this as I really wasnt sure!

Never had any of this when I did my S3 earlier today......any VCDS experts possibly help or have an idea?

That's wierd !! Not had a play with an A1.

Ignition on ? Have you done the test and save routine ?

Reactions: Kugaman1
Sorry,
Not quite the right forum, but it seems this is where the experts are....

Just collected my wifes new 2016 A1 1.4 SLine.

Been out with the VCDS cable to try and activate a few bits.......

Im using the latest software, genuine cable etc...

Everything I try and change, it comes up with a notice about WSC and importer codes .....it says something about putting in 000000 000 or replacing with 12345 and 123....
Didnt do this as I really wasnt sure!

Never had any of this when I did my S3 earlier today......any VCDS experts possibly help or have an idea?
Can you post up an auto-scan please. Looks like you might have some uninitialised modules.

That message is normal the first time a car has the coding/adaption changed in each module. Just say yes.

That message is normal the first time a car has the coding/adaption changed in each module. Just say yes.

OK, perfect thanks.
I was a bit surprised as my 2015 S3 had never been coded before today but never came up with this issue?

Reading from the link you posted, it looks like I should replace all with zeros, not the 12345 123 it also suggests? I seem to recall that it also offers to retain the existing codes?

It was certainly a surprise when it came up!

I think yes equates to retain existing values if I recall, but you are right, you want to retain the originals

Cool, thanks buddy.
Will give it a go again tomorrow!

hi there still fairly new to the forum so i hope i have posted this in the right place. I am taking delivery of my S3 in march which i want wait for. There are a number of VCDS mods which i am more than interested in doing. would it be better to get my own cable which is easy enough as i am currently out in America for a month working, so can pick one up for 170 Pounds from the ross tech website and have delivered to the hotel. (is this a good price?). or would it be better to try and get someone local to me to do it for me?

many thanks for the help in advance

Mate, if you can get one for £170 out there, then do it! They are at least £80 more in the UK. Infact buy 3 or 4, Im sure there are plenty on here that would buy them off you at a reasonable profit!

I got one last week and it cost me £258 which was a pretty good price....

Dont be tempted by fakes, they cant use updated software and run a bit of a risk of causing problems with your ECU....or so Im told.

Reactions: Nealey080 and Rob2k68
I know its been mentioned on here....

My S3 is a March 2015 build and I tried activating the beep on lock/unlock function yesterday.

Just to confirm, it definitely doesnt work!

I know its been mentioned on here....

My S3 is a March 2015 build and I tried activating the beep on lock/unlock function yesterday.

Just to confirm, it definitely doesnt work!

Forget that....Im an idiot. Its working fine now

Reactions: Rob2k68
I second that!

He sells at a good price and I had mine within 36hrs of sending him payment!

Not bad considering we are in NE Scotland..

Reactions: DJAlix
That's wierd !! Not had a play with an A1.

Ignition on ? Have you done the test and save routine ?

Yes mate. Got most things sorted now.
Only thing I cant do s get the hold assist working. Something to do with the ABS module missing label files. Ross Tech have asked for some more info which I will forward on to them once the wife gives me the car fir an hour!

Does anyone know how to enable the parking light feature yet? I am in the US, so this isn't enabled standard. The parking light feature I am referring to is where you leave the blinker stalk in the direction of the center of the road and the DRL/tail light stay illuminated on that side of the vehicle to make it more obvious on the side of the road.

Does anyone know how to enable the parking light feature yet? I am in the US, so this isn't enabled standard. The parking light feature I am referring to is where you leave the blinker stalk in the direction of the center of the road and the DRL/tail light stay illuminated on that side of the vehicle to make it more obvious on the side of the road.
Just so happens I am working on some sheets :) Attached are the adaptations (within 09) you would need to test with. These are from a UK spec car.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.19.22.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.19.22.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 577
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.19.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.19.48.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 566
Regenschliessen mit VCP funktioniert gut (nur fur die Fenster) ....or... rain closing with the VCP worked fine but only works for the windows. This is exactly what I was expecting, but it is still pretty cool. What's more, if the sunroof is tilted rather than drawn all the way back, it looks like a pretty good design by Audi to limit rain getting in. This will save me on days when I crack the windows in hot weather before locking the car, only to have a storm hit while I'm gone. Under those conditions, I'll probably just close the sunroof manually.

The instructions were stolen straight from Alex's post a few pages back, with a couple of screenshots for the VCP, so all credit goes to him. It is a very similar process with some slight changes from the VCDS method. These worked for my Canadian 2016 S3.

1. Open VCP and connect to 09 - Central Electronics
2. Select Sec. Access.
3. Login Code = 31347. Login, then Close.
Screen Shot 2016 02 01 at 75834 PM
4. Go to Adaptation, find Access Control 2, and set:
Regenschliessen_ein aus = Active (Rain Closing On / Off)
Regenschliessen_art = Permanent (Rain Closing Type)
Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen = Active (Driver Assist Rain Closing Menu)
Screen Shot 2016 02 01 at 75938 PM
5. Click Start. When the ECU write is done, close out of Adaptation.
6. Select Slave Coding
7. In the row containing RLFS, change the coding to 07006C (this was the latest advice I read)
Screen Shot 2016 02 01 at 75857 PM
8. Hit Start Coding.
9. Close out and disconnect.

Like Alex has already said, you don't get a menu for rain closing in Driver assist. I actually went back in and disabled the driver assist menu adaptation, thinking it would be useless, but rain closing didn't seem to work after that! I didn't have time to double-check so I quickly switched it back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJAlix
Regenschliessen mit VCP funktioniert gut (nur fur die Fenster) ....or... rain closing with the VCP worked fine but only works for the windows. This is exactly what I was expecting, but it is still pretty cool. What's more, if the sunroof is tilted rather than drawn all the way back, it looks like a pretty good design by Audi to limit rain getting in. This will save me on days when I crack the windows in hot weather before locking the car, only to have a storm hit while I'm gone. Under those conditions, I'll probably just close the sunroof manually.

The instructions were stolen straight from Alex's post a few pages back, with a couple of screenshots for the VCP, so all credit goes to him. It is a very similar process with some slight changes from the VCDS method. These worked for my Canadian 2016 S3.

1. Open VCP and connect to 09 - Central Electronics
2. Select Sec. Access.
3. Login Code = 31347. Login, then Close.
View attachment 78762
4. Go to Adaptation, find Access Control 2, and set:
Regenschliessen_ein aus = Active (Rain Closing On / Off)
Regenschliessen_art = Permanent (Rain Closing Type)
Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen = Active (Driver Assist Rain Closing Menu)
View attachment 78766
5. Click Start. When the ECU write is done, close out of Adaptation.
6. Select Slave Coding
7. In the row containing RLFS, change the coding to 07006C (this was the latest advice I read)
View attachment 78767
8. Hit Start Coding.
9. Close out and disconnect.

Like Alex has already said, you don't get a menu for rain closing in Driver assist. I actually went back in and disabled the driver assist menu adaptation, thinking it would be useless, but rain closing didn't seem to work after that! I didn't have time to double-check so I quickly switched it back on.
Nice write up!

Am actually still working on this as it bugs me that the sunroof does not close. Have made a little headway offline but cannot test as my car is with Audi until tomorrow.

Chaps... Looking for some advice. My girlfriends A1, the start stop hasn't been working as it should lately, i.e. it turns the engine off and starts back up again within 10 seconds, despite the car being warm etc no air con yada yada yada.

We've booked it in for Audi to have a look, I've done some VCDS tweaks to her car, needle sweep, mirror dip, visual parking aid and acoustic lock.

Would Audi look to pin the fault on these and should I return them back to normal before putting the car into Audi?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Anyone seen or tried/verified these adaptations ?

Change instruments to Carbon Fiber look
17 Instruments
STG adjustment > function 10
Select “channel display representation” (displaydarstellung)
Change to “Version 2” (default is version 1)

Battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

To use it…..Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery". Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

Disable the annoying tone when the ignition and driver's door open.
17 Instruments
Adaptations
Ignition active message; Trigger
Change to "No display" (default value: driver's door)
German translation for this is.....
German translation…..
STG 17 (Schalttafeleinsatz) auswählen
STG Anpassung -> Funktion 10
Zündung aktiv Meldung; Auslöser
ändern auf "Keine Anzeige"

Change comfort blinking
Adaptation channels in the central electronics module - (2) - Turn Signal Controls. Default is 3, add can be set as high as 5 flashes. After this, go into Car Menu >setup>factory settings>Lights. Reset the light setting to factory and then it will work

Climatronic: Enabling blower fan level display on auto.
08auto hvc
07 Long Coding
Byte 11
Enable Bit 6

If you want to display your "driving mode" (sport/individual/comfort) on the MFD for a few seconds when you start the car do this.....
19- CAN Gateway
Long coding
Byte 8
Check Bit 4

• Change instruments to Carbon Fibre Look = Doesn't work.
  • Battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge) = Doesn't work.
  • Disable the annoying tone when the ignition and driver's door open = Works, have it on my car.
  • Change comfort blinking = Works, have it set to 5 on may car.
  • Climatronic: Enabling blower fan level display on auto = Doesn't work.
  • If you want to display your "driving mode" = Is on from factory if you have a car with Drive Select.

Thanks DJalix, I find the comfort indicators a pain, I was going to reduce them to 0, so they behave like normal indicators . .

Out of interest what's the typical price that I would pay a VCDS coder to do some modifications for me?

I have asked a few questions in the VCDS forum but have not had a reply as of yet.

Thanks DJalix, I find the comfort indicators a pain, I was going to reduce them to 0, so they behave like normal indicators . .
Never tested this but I don't think that 0 is an accepted value. You could try these:
  • (7)-Turn signal control-Komfortblinken = Not Active (Turns off the feature)
  • (10)-Turn signal control-Abbruch Komfortblinken = Active (allows cancellation of the feature)

Out of interest what's the typical price that I would pay a VCDS coder to do some modifications for me?

I have asked a few questions in the VCDS forum but have not had a reply as of yet.
Depends on who you go to really. An independent garage / retrofitter would prolly have a "rate", £40 to £80 depending on what you require and how long it might take. However as josedebardi says, a forum member would be £10 to 20, maybe £30 max depending on time.

Free if your near me mate.

Reactions: TMR8K76
Does anyone know how to disable the bulb check for indicator lights? I unfortunately only have halogen headlights but would like to at least change the indicator lights to leds.

And also on another note I have added some led drls to the panel where the fog lights are (see picture), having tapped into the drl power supply wire going to the headlight but when the headlights go on the drls switch off, is there a way to make them dim down? I have seen references to this with xenon headlights but not halogen. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150708_155226.jpg
    20150708_155226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 403
We've booked it in for Audi to have a look, I've done some VCDS tweaks to her car, needle sweep, mirror dip, visual parking aid and acoustic lock.
Would Audi look to pin the fault on these and should I return them back to normal before putting the car into Audi?

If they have to hook up the car VAS/ODIS for diagnostics, it will come back that the configuration is different to that when it left the factory. And Audi UK Technical may ask them to overwrite all the changes, restoring the car back to its original config.

Not a biggie, you'll just have to re-code everything again, it's happened to me twice when I've had the car in for fault finding.

If they have to hook up the car VAS/ODIS for diagnostics, it will come back that the configuration is different to that when it left the factory. And Audi UK Technical may ask them to overwrite all the changes, restoring the car back to its original config.

Not a biggie, you'll just have to re-code everything again, it's happened to me twice when I've had the car in for fault finding.

Thanks, Audi looked at the car, didn't say anything about the VCDS tweaks and said the start stop was performing as it should, no faults.

I'm not entirely happy though. It's so intermittent and temperamental compared to my A3

Does anyone know how to disable the bulb check for indicator lights? I unfortunately only have halogen headlights but would like to at least change the indicator lights to leds.

And also on another note I have added some led drls to the panel where the fog lights are (see picture), having tapped into the drl power supply wire going to the headlight but when the headlights go on the drls switch off, is there a way to make them dim down? I have seen references to this with xenon headlights but not halogen. Any help will be much appreciated.
I took some adaptation maps from the Halogen equipped loan car I had while mine was in for a service, will be looking through them tonight so I can add the details to an External Lighting Matrix Sheet I am building. PM me your email and I will fire a copy over to you once completed as there are a few things you can test.

Reactions: Moonstone

This happened to my car when it went in to get the Nav activated. They did a software update that wiped my mods so I had to redo them when I got home.

But...when the car was in to get the headlight level adjusted my mods were untouched even though the car needed to be hooked up to their machine to calibrate.

01 - Engine
Byte 9
Bit 2 (untick)

What does this actually do? flaps in the exhaust or some cabin engine noises?

If it's just the exhaust, how and at what points does it change the noise? idle, at gear change or everything?