8V VCDS Mods

Finally some time to focus on updates!
IMG 2499

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Urazilia, fatyin and 4 others
Have a nice vacation! Nothing like a frappe at the balcony, late in the afternoon after a day at the beach!

www.homecareshop.gr
Indeed! A few too many Bulgarian Merc's and BMW's knocking around in Touzla this year tho lol

Reactions: spiros80 and Rob2k68
Hi DJAlix,

I noticed a small error in the Static Cornering Lights mod in your document.

Under Step 7, the correct adaptation channel should end with B13, instead of B12.

Also, you may put a note to ensure step 6 and 8, the user selects Abbiegelicht, instead of Abblegelicht. Very easy to make this mistake especially on a netbook with a small screen since "i" and "l" looks almost the same.

Reactions: jungle650 and DJAlix
Hi DJAlix,

I noticed a small error in the Static Cornering Lights mod in your document.

Under Step 7, the correct adaptation channel should end with B13, instead of B12.

Also, you may put a note to ensure step 6 and 8, the user selects Abbiegelicht, instead of Abblegelicht. Very easy to make this mistake especially on a netbook with a small screen since "i" and "l" looks almost the same.
Thanks Sean! Added to the list :)

Anyone have the code to hand to stop the handbrake from being applied when you're reversing and open the drivers door to check how close you are to the kerb ?

Reactions: pburv and MA3RC
Anyone have the code to hand to stop the handbrake from being applied when you're reversing and open the drivers door to check how close you are to the kerb ?
Lol. That's one good reason why I want the mirror dip mod.
On topic bit....Sorry Rob I haven't a clue...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Alex, do you have any idea what exactly 17-Instruments Long Coding Byte 8, Bit 0-7 is for?? It's supposed to be Display Language selection, but for what do you know? My MMI menu and everything else is set to English, with VCDS Byte 8, Bit 0-7 shows only 2 language options, 00 German and 01 English... But with ODB11, it shows like tons of other language and it shows I'm using Chinese (Canto) for whatever reason... And I'm sure it's right too, since my MMI menu only has English and Chinese to select from...

Alex, do you have any idea what exactly 17-Instruments Long Coding Byte 8, Bit 0-7 is for?? It's supposed to be Display Language selection, but for what do you know? My MMI menu and everything else is set to English, with VCDS Byte 8, Bit 0-7 shows only 2 language options, 00 German and 01 English... But with ODB11, it shows like tons of other language and it shows I'm using Chinese (Canto) for whatever reason... And I'm sure it's right too, since my MMI menu only has English and Chinese to select from...
To be honest I am not sure as this is not something I have had reason to play with as yet.

Do you know how to active launch control on audi A3 8v 1.8 tfsi FWD?

Page 112 of your owners manual.
Thanks I try with all things but it doesn't works, I think my car don't have the program. how can i install that program? its 1.8Tfsi

@DJAlix
Where do I find the latest version of your document / list?

Also, if I remember correctly, date and workshop id is logged when changing settings with diag instrument...

Is there any - significant - risk of getting a TD1 due to vcds mods?

The vacation pic looks lovely btw!
Envy you very much since were 'grounded' at home during the rest of vacation after cat injury...

Reactions: DJAlix
I have done it on all my audis...never changed anything back before service and never got any TD1. But I have noticed sometimes that when they sync the settings to Audis server it changed some values back to original. But never TD1. But I guess if they want they could!?

Thanks I try with all things but it doesn't works, I think my car don't have the program. how can i install that program? its 1.8Tfsi
To be honest I am not sure if it would be possible. It could be coding that has not been labeled as yet or it could be firmware related. If firmware related then you would need ODIS or Vag Can Professional and the needed files.

@DJAlix
Where do I find the latest version of your document / list?

Also, if I remember correctly, date and workshop id is logged when changing settings with diag instrument...

Is there any - significant - risk of getting a TD1 due to vcds mods?

The vacation pic looks lovely btw!
Envy you very much since were 'grounded' at home during the rest of vacation after cat injury...
A link to the document is normally within my signature but I am in the process of porting it to my website. Updates soon!

VCDS should never generate a TD1 code, but unless you know 100% what you are doing never mess with anything you are not sure about... thats the way I always approach things anyway lol

Possible Vehicle Warranty Code and Data Displays / Flags:
  1. TD1 = Modification to engine control unit
  2. TG1 = Modification to gearbox control unit
  3. TE1 = Modification to power electronics
  4. TB1 = Suspected tuning with tuning box
With the exception of 3 and 4 the other flags should only be generated if there is an unexpected software version found while Audi is scanning / performing Software Version Management. VCDS cannot update software.

Back in the UK now, from 37c to 18c :( Hope your cat is ok...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S3 Turbo
Further to the above, as we were on the subject of "flags" here is some interesting new information about number 4 from an Audi technical note:

--------------------
Detecting Tuning Boxes

Tuning boxes offer an opportunity for increasing the performance of conventional engines. They can be removed before a vehicle come into a workshop for repair.

Until now, it has not been possible to identify use of tuning boxes through automatic detection of modifications to the vehicle. The majority of these can now be detected by engine ECUs!

--------------------

I have done it on all my audis...never changed anything back before service and never got any TD1. But I have noticed sometimes that when they sync the settings to Audis server it changed some values back to original. But never TD1. But I guess if they want they could!?
Changes would only get wiped / reset buy Audi if they need to perform a software update. My experience has been that as long as you are not messing with "physical" changes, to brakes for example, Audi will not complain or for the most part even notice :)

A link to the document is normally within my signature but I am in the process of porting it to my website. Updates soon!

VCDS should never generate a TD1 code, but unless you know 100% what you are doing never mess with anything you are not sure about... thats the way I always approach things anyway lol

Possible Vehicle Warranty Code and Data Displays / Flags:
  1. TD1 = Modification to engine control unit
  2. TG1 = Modification to gearbox control unit
  3. TE1 = Modification to power electronics
  4. TB1 = Suspected tuning with tuning box
With the exception of 3 and 4 the other flags should only be generated if there is an unexpected software version found while Audi is scanning / performing Software Version Management. VCDS cannot update software.

Back in the UK now, from 37c to 18c :( Hope your cat is ok...

Thanks!

About 18 here as well with clouds and rain...

Had a 2016 1.2 HB visit me today for a few mods. As there has been some issues reported with mirror dip and alarm beep I thought I would post the following results:
  • Alarm Beep on Lock and Unlock + MMI menu coding worked without issue.
  • Passenger Mirror Dip coding would only work when coded with the doors closed but not locked.
*Mods coded via VCDS v16.8.0 Release

Reactions: Rob2k68
Just a little update on OBDEleven. I've been using the Pro version for some time now and have never had to purchase any credits to perform the mods listed in this forum. I purchased credits for the first time today in order to activate VIM on my 2015 S3 and it worked like a charm. OBDEleven has always been very responsive when reaching out to them with questions. I highly recommend looking into them.

Reactions: rcnacura, S3 Turbo, DJAlix and 1 other person
so I just got an update to the vcds software. does anyone know what new stuff is added?

Reactions: rcnacura
I update my original vag-can to vcds 16.8 version and now I have problems to make a simply autoscan. Before (in older versions) its works very well.
Anyone more?

I update my original vag-can to vcds 16.8 version and now I have problems to make a simply autoscan. Before (in older versions) its works very well.
Anyone more?
First possible issue that springs to mind is drivers. I would try reinstalling VCDS.

Reactions: FrA1l3
I am trying to see if the European A3/S3 owners have the parking light function enabled in their vehicles? When you park on a dark street, you simply flick the indicator stalk to right indicate and remove the key. The right side front and rear parking lights will illuminate which helps other vehicles to see your's better.

This function appears to be disabled for my car in Australia. I was wondering if it can be enabled via VCDS?

I am trying to see if the European A3/S3 owners have the parking light function enabled in their vehicles? When you park on a dark street, you simply flick the indicator stalk to right indicate and remove the key. The right side front and rear parking lights will illuminate which helps other vehicles to see your's better.

This function appears to be disabled for my car in Australia. I was wondering if it can be enabled via VCDS?
Have you tried removing the key first? My Australian A3 will light up the left or right parking lights depending on which way you indicate once you have removed the key.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I have the coding for this, just need the time to look for it. Will have a look this evening and post it up :)

Moonstone, yep, tried it with key out. I had the same feature in my MK5 Jetta previously, so not a stranger to this useful feature. I am surprised that it isn't enabled in my car, but I can't seem to find any reference to this in the user manual.

DJAlix, thanks! Much appreciated if you can post up the coding for it.

Moonstone, yep, tried it with key out. I had the same feature in my MK5 Jetta previously, so not a stranger to this useful feature. I am surprised that it isn't enabled in my car, but I can't seem to find any reference to this in the user manual.

DJAlix, thanks! Much appreciated if you can post up the coding for it.
Which Headlights do you have?

Moonstone, I will have to swallow my words! I went out to try it again, and it worked! Switch off car, pull key out and flick the indicator stalk to right.

Which Headlights do you have?

DJAlix, just got mine to work. I have bi-xenons, and the last few times I tried it, I couldn't get it to work. But tonight, it worked fine. Strange...

Moonstone, I will have to swallow my words! I went out to try it again, and it worked! Switch off car, pull key out and flick the indicator stalk to right.
No worries. Glad I could help.

Need a favour if possible :)

Was wondering if anyone with a new facelift car and the MMI/MIB TechPack version 2 (apple carplay / android auto) and VCDS would be willing to make and Adaptation Map of 5F, or if London based allow me to pop over so I can make one?

I have an MMIv2 retrofit / testing project on the go. All is in and working fine, I believe) but the unit has been coded from scratch and I am keen to compare my works to how the factory coding and adaptations from Audi are.

Reactions: rcnacura and Rob2k68
Need a favour if possible :)

Was wondering if anyone with a new facelift car and the MMI/MIB TechPack version 2 (apple carplay / android auto) and VCDS would be willing to make and Adaptation Map of 5F, or if London based allow me to pop over so I can make one?

I have an MMIv2 retrofit / testing project on the go. All is in and working fine, I believe) but the unit has been coded from scratch and I am keen to compare my works to how the factory coding and adaptations from Audi are.
Awesome you took the plunge! Did you get the virtual cockpit in too?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awesome you took the plunge! Did you get the virtual cockpit in too?

It's in a test car :) Existing TechPack Screen and Controls can be used, FL steering wheel not needed. Huge upgrade from an MMI Std unit, Nice upgrade from pre-FL but all you are really gaining is speed and Apple / Android integration, oh and no need for stupid AMI cables anymore and it's USB based.

Virtual Cockpit project is on hold. The retrofit process is actually straight forward but the problem is that Audi HAS to be involved due to the need for immo and key coding, which as you can imagine adds up to a pretty large cost... £1800 to £2500k retrofit (resale). Finding a dealer willing to do the work is another problem.

It's in a test car :) Existing TechPack Screen and Controls can be used, FL steering wheel not needed. Huge upgrade from an MMI Std unit, Nice upgrade from pre-FL but all you are really gaining is speed and Apple / Android integration, oh and no need for stupid AMI cables anymore and it's USB based.

Virtual Cockpit project is on hold. The retrofit process is actually straight forward but the problem is that Audi HAS to be involved due to the need for immo and key coding, which as you can imagine adds up to a pretty large cost... £1800 to £2500k retrofit (resale). Finding a dealer willing to do the work is another problem.

I was wondering about the difficulty of the VC because dealer help (hard enough to get ADS coded on my car). Wanted Android Auto for years, but ended up putting a full android system which ive been loving.

But awesome work as always and looking forward to seeing the end results!

I was wondering about the difficulty of the VC because dealer help (hard enough to get ADS coded on my car). Wanted Android Auto for years, but ended up putting a full android system which ive been loving.

But awesome work as always and looking forward to seeing the end results!

Am looking to test one of these also, very cost effective for the features (including Nav).

S l1600

Interfaces with existing MMI Unit and replaces existing display. Easy to add Mirroring and Reverse Cam also.

Reactions: larbel, S3 Turbo, rcnacura and 1 other person