8V VCDS Mods

Last edited:
Engineering "Green" MMI Menu = Not possible via VCDS.

True to the word of Ross-Tech, after reverse engineering the Adaptation via Vag Can Professional, at this moment in time and until they change their stance on things it's just not possible to use VCDS to activate this menu.... However there really is no point in having access to it. Although some settings can be adjusted via the Green Menu it does not function the same as with other Audi cars like the Q's and the A4/5/6/7's. The version of the menu within our MMI's is geared towards diagnostics, trouble shooting and compensating adjustments, and Video In Motion CANNOT be activated from within it.

For those who are interested you need VAS/ODIS Engineering or VCP in order to activate the menu. I used VCP while in "Engineering" mode. Here is a link to some screen captures of the available options.

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Engineering "Green" MMI Menu = Not possible via VCDS.

True to the word of Ross-Tech, after reverse engineering the Adaptation via Vag Can Professional, at this moment in time and until they change their stance on things it's just not possible to use VCDS to activate this menu.... However there really is no point in having access to it. Although some settings can be adjusted via the Green Menu it does not function the same as with other Audi cars like the Q's and the A4/5/6/7's. The version of the menu within our MMI's is geared towards diagnostics, trouble shooting and compensating adjustments, and Video In Motion CANNOT be activated from within it.

For those who are interested you need VAS/ODIS Engineering or VCP in order to activate the menu. I used VCP while in "Engineering" mode. Here is a link to some screen captures of the available options.
Great work on finding all this information!

What's the betting this elusive green MMI menu other models got caused us to chase shadows for a couple of years thinking that somehow our 8Vs were missing something when in actual fact we never needed it anyway because we have more we can do with VCDS.. lol

Reactions: DJAlix
I believe this topic has been discussed for a few times here already
Is there really no 'way' to access the rear door module on the A3 8V via VCDS?
I want to retrofit the puddle light and I heard there are someone who manually accessed the 'BB' and 'BC' module on the car (Claim to be the rear door module) to activate.

With the way VCDS automatically builds a control module list I believed that anything not showing up was not valid. Vag Can Professional kinda backs this up as the program does not work in this fashion. You have to run a detection, then import the detected modules in to, for example, the Auto Scan section. For me the rear modules have never shown up even as slave / sub modules.

Will pop out to the car a little bit later and try testing manual access via VCDS and VCP and post my findings.

Rear door modules should show up as 62 and 72.

Last edited:
With the way VCDS automatically builds a control module list I believed that anything not showing up was not valid. Vag Can Professional kinda backs this up as the program does not work in this fashion. You have to run a detection, then import the detected modules in to, for example, the Auto Scan section. For me the rear modules have never shown up even as slave / sub modules.

Will pop out to the car a little bit later and try testing manual access via VCDS and VCP and post my findings.

Rear door modules should show up as 62 and 72.

Yes.. the rear door should be 62 and 72 (at least on MK6 Golf); I can't find any similar info on MK7 MQB as well...
I have manually tried to access the BB and BC; but no success...

However yesterday I found that the rear-door windows regulator reading and setting also can be 'read' from the front door module. Is there only one module to control both 'front and rear' on each side?

Someone said it need to be done by ODIS/5054; I don't have access to that and I don't know how they 'name' those module

Yes.. the rear door should be 62 and 72 (at least on MK6 Golf); I can't find any similar info on MK7 MQB as well...
I have manually tried to access the BB and BC; but no success...

However yesterday I found that the rear-door windows regulator reading and setting also can be 'read' from the front door module. Is there only one module to control both 'front and rear' on each side?

Someone said it need to be done by ODIS/5054; I don't have access to that and I don't know how they 'name' those module
Can confirm the same. I did pop out the other day to test but was limited on time. Was just in the car and found the Regulator settings and tests within the "front" modules. I also cannot find any control modules for rear doors within ElsaWin. Diagrams have what look like pictures of a module but it's not itemised. At this point I think that the needed settings are gonna be unlabelled bits within the bytes of the fronts. A full beta of VCDS 15.7.3 is gonna be out soon (the one I linked above, before investigating, is the vcds.exe only needed to fix a communication bug with MIB mk2's) and will have updated label files. For the moment tho I am gonna see if I can raise this with RossTech to see if they can advise further.

Can anyone assist with the coding required to get a pair of retrofitted folding mirrors working?

Will take a look and see whats involved. I believe it's the door module long coding and then coding within 09 for MMI menus, but this is just from my dodgy memory. Will update in a bit.

Prevent doors from automatically unlocking when parking:
09 - Central Elec.
(4)-Access control-automatisches Entriegeln Default: active Change to: not active
(25)-Access control-Autounlock NAR Default: active Change to: not active
NOTE: Not sure what the differences is between these two adaptations. The second one is probably already disabled in ROW.

Can someone find out how to make it to unlock all doors when you open the drivers door from the inside, or any other door?
Because I like this mod but its annoying at the same time because when i get out of the car and I go to the boot to get something I have to open the car again by remote.

Thanks to anyone that gives it a look

By the way, if this ***(25)-Access control-Autounlock NAR *** is active, then, when i get my car in parking gear (stronic ofc) the doors will open, so NAR should mean something like Parking gear.

Because I like this mod but its annoying at the same time because when i get out of the car and I go to the boot to get something I have to open the car again by remote.

I think it depends on the sequence, or order in which you do things, that determine if the other doors/boot gets unlocked.

I haven't checked, but for example:

If you switch the engine off, but leave the key in, then open the driver door, then pull out the key, the boot will remain locked.

But of you switch the engine off, remove key, then open the driver door, the boot will unlock.

As I say, I haven't checked this so can't be 100% sure, but I think it's to do with the sequence of events.

Does anyone know of a sensitivity setting for the dimming function of the interior rear view mirror ?

I don't think mine is working but thought best to check this first.

No sensitivity setting that I can remember, but I think there is an tick box for with privacy glass, and without privacy glass, which will obviously affect the threshold.

Reactions: Rob2k68
anyone near bristol can help me out with some coding?

Does anyone know of a sensitivity setting for the dimming function of the interior rear view mirror ?

Your easiest way to check is to cover the sensor facing forwards with your finger and shine a light on the backwards facing sensor :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yea, for sure check they have a proper cable. Plenty of tits in the world looking to make a quick buck

Your easiest way to check is to cover the sensor facing forwards with your finger and shine a light on the backwards facing sensor :)

Sorted thanks for that - it's working !!

The bloke behind me this morning must have had bulbs in that any rally driver would have been proud of.

Reactions: MA3RC
I think it depends on the sequence, or order in which you do things, that determine if the other doors/boot gets unlocked.

I haven't checked, but for example:

If you switch the engine off, but leave the key in, then open the driver door, then pull out the key, the boot will remain locked.

But of you switch the engine off, remove key, then open the driver door, the boot will unlock.

As I say, I haven't checked this so can't be 100% sure, but I think it's to do with the sequence of events.
Nope, already tried, with no luck.

Try this sequence

Stop car
Put into Park
Pull EPB on
Switch off engine
Pull out key
(At which point all doors and boot unlock for me)
But the mod I did is to not open the door when removing the key.
I'm interested in getting the doors to open just when I'm getting out of the car, when I open the door by the handle.
Like the coming/leaving home, it only starts to work once you pull the door handle and open the door.

I retrofit an auto dimming mirror to replace mine that came without and there's no wiring to the ECM related to sensitivity I'm afraid - it'll all be in the mirror itself. The wiring out of the auto dimming mirror is: 12v; a wire to the overhead panel so auto dimming turns off when the interior lights are on; a wire to the ECM so auto dimming turns off when in reverse; and ground.

Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68
I retrofit an auto dimming mirror to replace mine that came without and there's no wiring to the ECM related to sensitivity I'm afraid - it'll all be in the mirror itself. The wiring out of the auto dimming mirror is: 12v; a wire to the overhead panel so auto dimming turns off when the interior lights are on; a wire to the ECM so auto dimming turns off when in reverse; and ground.

Ah good to know - thanks ;o)

Reactions: kc1174
But the mod I did is to not open the door when removing the key.
I'm interested in getting the doors to open just when I'm getting out of the car, when I open the door by the handle.
Like the coming/leaving home, it only starts to work once you pull the door handle and open the door.

The coming home lighting logic can be from ignition or by door ( personalised )

The door lock logic is only from ignition
( I think this is a safety function )

Does anyone know what this means? And is it anything to worry about? Appears it happened a while back and this was my only autoscan error.

Cheers

Does anyone know what this means? And is it anything to worry about? Appears it happened a while back and this was my only autoscan error.

Cheers
Check that your tank flap locks along with your central locking.

Reactions: MA3RC
Check that your tank flap locks along with your central locking.
Thanks, will check in the morning. I can't say I've noticed it ever being unlocked when I'm washing the car etc. Is that an error I could just clear and it'd be OK? Looking at the date of the error it wasn't long after I was rear ended - so maybe it shook the system up a bit?

Looks like just a historic issue. I would clear all DTC's and then autoscan again but untick the freeze frame option. Once done take the car for a little drive and scan again on return, but after locking / unlocking. If the error comes back then it's something you need to get checked.

15.7.3 is now out of beta and has been fully released along with a new version of the Long Coding Tool, complete with new Labels files. Looks like a good chunk of 5F (MMI) is now labeled and ready to play with :)

Reactions: mr gee, Rob2k68 and kc1174
15.7.3 is now out of beta and has been fully released along with a new version of the Long Coding Tool, complete with new Labels files. Looks like a good chunk of 5F (MMI) is now labeled and ready to play with :)

Hrmm. I don't see any change to labelling for 5F. Long Coding Helper doesn't appear to have a label for it and there are no label files which seem to correspond to the 5F part number. Am I missing something?

Jason

Hrmm. I don't see any change to labelling for 5F. Long Coding Helper doesn't appear to have a label for it and there are no label files which seem to correspond to the 5F part number. Am I missing something?

Jason
On the Car I test with, MMI Basic + SD Nav:
  • Labels = 8V0-035-MIB-STD1
  • ROD = EV_MUStd6C3PASE_AU37

On the Car I test with, MMI Basic + SD Nav:
  • Labels = 8V0-035-MIB-STD1
  • ROD = EV_MUStd6C3PASE_AU37

My 5F module has part number 8V0 035 045. and ROD = EV_MUHig6C3HBAS_AU37.rod

MMI High numbers I would imagine. Guess I need to see what more I can give Ross Tech to sort out the labels for the MMI High unit.

All I need to figure out is the elusive coding to make an OEM RVC retrofit work. The physical install is all fine, 6C module is picked up. A few things need to be modified in the MMI module...

Jason

... OK. I stand corrected... there is an 8VO-035-MIB-HIGH .CLB file in the Labels directory. I'll have another go with it on the car in the morning.

thanks