8V VCDS Mods

Not sure about the brightness of the DRL, haven't seen that option.. but I've done the other 2 using Carista. I just bought it from Amazon for like £16 and comes with a month trial.

Sweet, happy days. So if it’s a months trial, how much is the monthly or annual subscription thereafter? These are the only tweaks I know off so there may be a few more.

Sweet, happy days. So if it’s a months trial, how much is the monthly or annual subscription thereafter? These are the only tweaks I know off so there may be a few more.
£3391/year or £899/1-week pass

I did passenger side dipping mirror in reverse, the beep sound when locking/unlocking, oil temp on all DIS displays.
Option in MMI to disable DRL (stealth mode in car park mode lol)
Changed indicator to 4 flashes.
Theres quite a few things but not all work and some are dumb anyway.

Reactions: FBF01
Anyone know how to change the auto locking to a lower value ?

Would like to change it to 5mph, from the current 10ish mph.

Genuine question @Shawn8V - what's wrong with the default setting?

Fair question. Well I park my car in my driveway/ garden and outside my house is a junction and some serious speed humps on my road aswell and nearby roads. So it’s takes atleast 30secs maybe more to even get up to the speed of the auto lock to kick in. Would have been nice for the auto lock to kick in earlier.

It doesn’t cost that much lol

It is $39.99 for a year or $9.99 for a pass.

Better for prefaceift cars at the moment than Facelift. But I already have the pro license for life so use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Other things I've seen that can be done:
- Enable dipping passenger mirror for reverse on the standard mirrors
- Enable parking sensor screen display for rear sensors only option
- Seatbelt warnings
- ACC Menu (have this done myself, by the dealer)
- Seat heating - how long the timeout should be before auto-switching from setting 3 to 2 (10 mins default I think)
- DRLs - make tail lights permanent or not (rear DRLs)
- Change how many flashes the 'lane change' function on the indicators use
- Needle sweep on startup

Is there anyone local to me (Ipswich) who has vcd’s and can enable dipping mirror on reverse and parking sensor screen display for rear sensors ?

I've seen that the 7R's have been turning up the rpm idle via VCDS and not sure if it can be done on the S3.

I'd of thought it could but haven't ventured into it before and wanted to see if it's possible.

I've seen that the 7R's have been turning up the rpm idle via VCDS and not sure if it can be done on the S3.

I'd of thought it could but haven't ventured into it before and wanted to see if it's possible.

Yes, it’s possible, you have 50rpm +/- from its current setting

Reactions: MikeParkin
@DJAlix, I'm installing aftermarket seats, but was going to try and disable the side airbags if I cannot figure out the resisitor information. Do you know what the security code is for a PFL car?

Yeah, I adjusted mine when I ran the dog one insert.
VCDS, 2 min job.

If you’re local to me, Lincoln, I can sort it for you

Hahahaha no mate north east, wanted this for a while.

@DJAlix, I'm installing aftermarket seats, but was going to try and disable the side airbags if I cannot figure out the resisitor information. Do you know what the security code is for a PFL car?
Airbag coding is pretty much all via SVM so have never needed a security access code myself. Everyone I know who have gone the aftermarket seat route have fitted resistor loops.

Reactions: rcnacura
Airbag coding is pretty much all via SVM so have never needed a security access code myself. Everyone I know who have gone the aftermarket seat route have fitted resistor loops.
Do you happen to know what resistors they used? I'm not having the greatest luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know what resistors they used? I'm not having the greatest luck.

To be honest no idea, as the people who have installed their seats normally take care of all that. I just did a fast google and it seems like a load of testing is gonna be needed in order to find the correct ones. Personally I would try calling up a few aftermarket seat companies and see if they sell a kit for the 8V.

I am uncertain if Audi uses Takata for the side bolsters. If they do, Takata squibs are usually 2 Ohms.

I am uncertain if Audi uses Takata for the side bolsters. If they do, Takata squibs are usually 2 Ohms.
Thank you, I'll buy some different ohm resistors and hopefully one works. Been very interesting, vcd states 2.3, but that doesn't look tricking it correctly.

To be honest no idea, as the people who have installed their seats normally take care of all that. I just did a fast google and it seems like a load of testing is gonna be needed in order to find the correct ones. Personally I would try calling up a few aftermarket seat companies and see if they sell a kit for the 8V.
Here in the states no one really knows, I've been trying to find an answer for a few months. Slowly but surely.

I've see this but do you need to put an access code in prior to doing the change ?

AFAIK you don't need any security access code to enter control unit 01. I think @DJAlix can provide you with a more definite answer to this.
Try making the change. Most adaptations within 01 don't require a security access code. Let us know how you get on.

Try making the change. Most adaptations within 01 don't require a security access code. Let us know how you get on.

I'll try follow that video and update tomorrow cheers gents !

Reactions: Lehn
Ok gents.
I entered the new numbers 50 clicked do it! And got this message.
I can't go any further with it! Any advice? Cheers.
IMG 3763

Ok gents.
I entered the new numbers 50 clicked do it! And got this message.
I can't go any further with it! Any advice? Cheers.
View attachment 149975
  • Turn off car
  • Wait 10mins
  • Ignition first position
  • All doors closed but not locked
  • Connect VCDS and select 01
  • Change the needed adaptation channel value

Reactions: MikeParkin and T-800
  • Turn off car
  • Wait 10mins
  • Ignition first position
  • All doors closed but not locked
  • Connect VCDS and select 01
  • Change the needed adaptation channel value

Ok I'll give it a go cheers.

Sorry but that's not working gents
Short of making sure that you are using an up to date version of VCDS I am out of ideas then. Well actually there is one more thing to try which I have just thought of, engine temperature is either too cold or not cool enough. Am guessing you have been doing this while your engine is cold so I would get it to 90c and then try again.

Try it with engine running ?
Could do but general rule of thumb with engine coding is that you don't change anything with the engine running, at least that what ODIS says. Exhaust Flaps would be an exception to this but then VW Group does not have an official procedure for turning them off.

Short of making sure that you are using an up to date version of VCDS I am out of ideas then. Well actually there is one more thing to try which I have just thought of, engine temperature is either too cold or not cool enough. Am guessing you have been doing this while your engine is cold so I would get it to 90c and then try again.

I'll see if the software needs updating but would that be the case if using old software?

I'll see if the software needs updating but would that be the case if using old software?
Should always be using the most up to date version of VCDS in order to be as compatible and bug free as possible. Given that the video example of the mk7 golf was from a little while back I would have thought any version of VCDS within the past 6 months should be ok, but as updates are free you should always update.

Reactions: MikeParkin and T-800