New timing belt kit

puggsy21

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I need to get hold of a timing belt kit for my audi a3 1.8 turbo 2001 AUM engine i have phoned and asked the dealers they want £132 is that a good price or can someone point me to a bit cheaper or better quality kit other than audi.

I love my car but not to the extent that audi dealers told me would be around £440 for parts and fitting got a mate doing it for £100 does alot of these jobs i would do it but due to not having a drive or shelter and my long work hours i just dont get the time to do anything on it at the moment so paying him alot more to have all these parts i got sitting here fitted and setup

cant wait till i take it to him end of next week :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Reason i have asked just wanted to find out if there was a popular place or brand people stick to

Thanks

cheers vrbob that link for that kit that will def fit my car then wasnt sure which one when i looked earlier had 5 diff ones come up using my registration

It states it fits your 2001 S3 as it also states it fits my 2002 S3

For peace of mind drop them an email to confirm but that's the kit I get linked to on ECP`s website using my registration. And you wanna make sure you get the kit with the new tensioner and pulleys like the one I linked to

is it the same as mine i listed i have a a3 not s3 lol :thumbsup:

Sorry that will show me for skim reading

It states in the list of compatible cars that this kit fits and Audi A3 2001 1.8t Quattro so I cant see why it wouldn't fit your car

ok cool just to ask whats the difference between these from dealers ones

not a lot as I think the OEM stuff is contitech too so probably just the pricing that's different