Boost guage install

Gunny110

Reaction score
Help please lol, I'm installing a boost gauge in the car, all the wright ups are for petrol cars and not diesels, where can t in To get a pressure reading from?

On your car I am 90% sure the MAP sensor is built into the ECU, so you need to tap into the pipe that runs from the inlet pipe to the ECU. Look for the pipe on the front of the ECU.

Smugshot 3196059 M

My ecu doesn't have a pipe on the front, it has two electrical connectors on the rear and that's it from what I remember. Il look again tomorrow.

YeH that would work quit nicely. A friend said use a bleed nipple from a brake caliper, drill a hole in the intake manifold and screw it in and run the gauge from that?

YeH that would work quit nicely. A friend said use a bleed nipple from a brake caliper, drill a hole in the intake manifold and screw it in and run the gauge from that?

If that would work, be sure to remove the manifold from the engine first to prevent debris from drilling getting in the chambers.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, just sometimes you do hear of people doing stuff without an idea of the implications of it, then wonder why their engine is wrecked. Example is a post I read where somebody had been recommended to shot blast there manifold, so they put sand in the air intake and ran the engine!

Yeah I'm aware bud, and pmsl!! Simone did that!! What a tw*t!!

Reactions: Sulli79
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390652835855707 would there be an ok place to tap into right on the shoulder?