Audi A3 Saloon 2.0 TDI 184PS

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any rumours or got inside info as to when we may see 2.0 TDI 184PS in a A3 saloon.

Audi usually bring out models they see as the most popular first. We waited 2 years for a manual. quattro 184 to replace our 8P 170 version , still no sign but available in France and Germany. I would take a look on Audi .fr and Audi . De and see what's happening. Dealers are often not informed either.

Reactions: warren_S5
Not sure about this, as the majority of UK owners prefer hatchbacks then would Audi produce another veraion of a car that sells in relatively small numbers?

Oh no!... Just like you Pilot, I waited two years for a manual 184 q to replace my 8P 170 q... But I gave up and am now expecting my 184 q S tronic in March. I know what's going to happen now - they'll launch the manual... :-(((

The 170 8 p black edition SB Tdi was a cracking car. My wife had 4 ! decided as we have another Tdi we would have an S3 Manual. Love Stronic on big cars just not so much on smaller ones. Would have been good to have had the choice although Audi UK seem to not import several manual models ,S5 or RS5 for example, which I think are available elsewhere.

Oh no!... Just like you Pilot, I waited two years for a manual 184 q to replace my 8P 170 q... But I gave up and am now expecting my 184 q S tronic in March. I know what's going to happen now - they'll launch the manual... :-(((

I've just loaded the latest update to ETKA and it shows 2015. In the model overview it lists versions of the A3 Cabiolet which will be available from 02/14 but there is no mention of any 184 Saloon. There is currently no 184 Saloon in the German price list either. The only ones seem to be the 3-door and Sportback 184 Manual non-quattro and the 184 s-tronic quattro. This is the same in both UK and German price lists.

Audi UK usually tell their dealers in April what the changes will be for the 2015 Model Year which starts June/July 2014.

I have just checked too Dave. I reckon Audi have altered the French and German Configurators as I printed off a copy showing 184 Manual quattro Sportback to show our dealer 2 months ago.

And on the Audi.de site today!!!! But no quattro

• on 2.0 TDI clean diesel
  • 6-speed
  • 31,650.00 EUR
Engine comparison
135 kW (184 hp)
combined: 4.2 l/100 kmtown: 5.2 l/100 kmOut of town: 3.7 l/100 km
combined:110 g / km (Euro 6)Efficiency class:

Last edited:
Last edited:
No quattro 6 speed as far as I can see. Shame on you Audi... Will just have to make do with am S3. ;-)

Looks like the 184ps engine is now available for saloons in the new configurator.

Decisions, decisions.

Looks like the 184ps engine is now available for saloons in the new configurator.

Decisions, decisions.

Versions of the Saloon with the 184ps engine and either 6-speed manual or 6-speed s-tronic quattro are showing in the April 2014 issue of the Saloon/S3 Price and Specification Guide available on the Audi UK website - Brochures < Contact us < About Audi < Audi.

Reactions: Daz Auto
Is that £30k for the quattro? I think I'd rather a s3..

I like to have a nice car. Unfortunately, the Quattro and S3 are not really a sensible option for me. I don't think I could justify the extra purchase price and running cost. Realistically, how often would I really get to enjoy the performance on our busy, bumpy, badly repaired roads!

I'd rather spend the money I would save on something else. With the 184ps FWD manual I could have the performance I am used to AND excellent economy.