2010MY A3 1.6TDI Sportback - Key sync issues

k_dermot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my remote locking keyfobs and tried various methods posted on the forums with no success. Does anyone know the proper way to clear and re-sync my remotes.

Remote locking used to work fine with one key. Not sure about second.
I have 2 working remotes (led lights when button pressed)
Both keys open and start the car using the manual lock
Don't have owners manual to read procedure.

Car is MY2010 A3 1.6TDI sportback.

thanks for any help.

Welcome to the site.

Ideally you need to clear all out with vcds & start afresh with vcds, sometimes module 09/46 can get a bit confused with multiple attempts to sync, yours will be module 09 as 46 is for pre 09 cars.

Tried to re-program last night and it only worked! Not sure exactly what I did as I have about 10 variation of the instructions to sync the key. What I do remember is that I put key in ignition and turned to position 1. Then put second key into door. I then pressed unlock button few times, locked car with key, pressed lock and unlock a load of times, opened car with key and removed key from ignition. It worked then. The indicators also flashed some time. Probably will re-occur but at least it works now.

Tried to re-program last night and it only worked! Not sure exactly what I did as I have about 10 variation of the instructions to sync the key. What I do remember is that I put key in ignition and turned to position 1. Then put second key into door. I then pressed unlock button few times, locked car with key, pressed lock and unlock a load of times, opened car with key and removed key from ignition. It worked then. The indicators also flashed some time. Probably will re-occur but at least it works now.
Insert key 1 into the ignition while holding the lock on the key for about a few seconds. The same with key 2.
The ignition must be on, not position 1 (hold the lock until the ignition is turned off) Good luck