The perfect birthday gift to myself - A3 SB 2.0 TDi

cbotved

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello everybody,

Just signed the paperwork on my soon to be A3 SB - the perfect birthday gift to myself :)

Think I must have looked a bit like a kid in a candyshop, and the extra-list does reflect it I think.

So I went with an:

A3 Sportback Ambition 2.0 150 TDi manual

2PF3-spoke multifunction-wheel w/ flat bottom
3S1Shinny roof rails
4ZBShinny windows lists
6NQBlack roof lining
7P1Lumbar support, electric
9M9Auxiliary heater
PCGAdaptive cruise control
PNVConnectivity package (navigation etc.)
QJ1Shinny airfans etc.
UH2Audi Hold assist
9ZEAudi Phone Box
9VDAudi Sound System
6E3Center Armrest
PU8Light and Rain sensor
4A3Heating in the frontseats
PX4Xenon Plus w/ LED backlights
8G1Highbeam
PU7Auto review mirror
2ZONo model or engine specification
LG9Space saving extra tire
0C0CMonsoon Grey
Transparent foil on rear bumper, for scratches

Got a nice discount of 11,35 %

Sorry, might be bad translations, but given that the paper comes from a Danish dealer I had to translate the best I could :)

And the best thing is, when I ordered the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] of January it was planned for build week 12, but yesterday when I added the lumbar support, I found out it had been moved to build week 9! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OZAudi84, lloydie1994, Louay and 4 others
Is the S-Line not called Ambition over the water?

No, there are three versions of the A3 in Europe, Attraction, Ambition and Ambiente. For each one of these your can order three different S-Line packages and the price depends on the model - Exterior at €1460-€1660, Sport package at €1900 and Selection at €2300-€2700. Each package has various different items included and you can choose each package individually. If you want to know more have a look at the Audi Deutschland website at Home and look for the A3 Preisliste. It's all in Germany of course but it's quite possible to work out what is what.

Reactions: Psyman79
Coolio.

Mine shows up as an Ambition on myAudi, just thought thats what they refer to an S-Line as. My mistake :)

ambition is the middle line or in other words the sport line ( 17" rims, sport seats , fog lights, audi drive select and sport suspension ) but doesn't include any of the Sline equipment ( Sline exterior pack is about €1600 and Sline pack for the suspension and Sline on chairs and steering wheel and 18" rims is another €2000 )

Yes, but Ambiente which is the next step after Ambition is called "the old mans car".

That's the 4-spoke week, shinnt windows lists, parking sensors, and normal seats. And no S-line stuff what soever.

Nice, just got the delivery date today - 12.03.2014..

That's only 7 weeks after order :)

Nice one. I wonder if mine will be as quick. So far been quoted as early May but it's not been given a build data yet.

The sales person sent me an email this morning, with delivery 19.03.2014
Called him up, charmed the best I knew, and BAM - delivery one week earlier :)

The sales person sent me an email this morning, with delivery 19.03.2014
Called him up, charmed the best I knew, and BAM - delivery one week earlier :)

Interesting because the Sales team at the dealers have no control over the factory build date. Perhaps he is just hoping that the delivery process will take less than normal and his team will be able to PDI it quicker.

I have just been given a build week as week 12 starting 17 March but it has not yet been confirmed by the factory.

I might suspect that my car has already been built, or will be built comming monday.
It was planned for week 9 (next week).
After this, it is going by train to Flensburg, where it will change to truck, and go to the Danish side of the border to loose it's backseats. Making it a van, but saving me aprox. 15.000£ when buying.
After this, it needs only a 3 hours drive to the dealer and afterwards PDI.

So yes, I think maybe he is gambling a bit, but still he has aprox. 10 businessdays to get it from Ingolstadt to the dealership - without having to wait for a ship :)

After this, it is going by train to Flensburg, where it will change to truck, and go to the Danish side of the border to loose it's backseats. Making it a van, but saving me aprox. 15.000£ when buying.
After this, it needs only a 3 hours drive to the dealer and afterwards PDI.

)
What, do the back seats get replaced???????

They take them out, put in a huge floor in the back. After that you have a huge boot, and a car that is 15.000£ cheaper. That is the lovely Danish tax system for ya' - they stick a 180% tax on top of all cars.

Example, 2.0 TDi manual Sport costs 40.500£ without any extras...

And chances are that the back seats are just laying in the back still at delivery, so that I could rebuild the car at a later point, maybe when I'll get kids :)

You will have to convince Audi to start making A3 Vans!!!!!!!!

Great news... Car was sent from Igolstadt last week :)
Now only delay is that the salesman has vacation next week...

Come on, let it be the 12th of march soon!