Would Audi take a remapped S3 as part-ex?

• Thread starter imported_monkeytrousers
  • Start date
I

imported_monkeytrousers

Hi,

When I buy a new car, I usually buy from a main dealer and trade in my old car. I realise it's more expensive this way but I like the peace of mind.

Question: do you think Audi dealers take remapped cars as part-exchange? I never see them selling remapped cars. Do you think they check? Do you think they revert them to standard if they take them?

If I were to remove the map myself should I tell them it used to be remapped?

I'm not changing yet, just curious.

Cheers.

audi even sell remapped cars themselves.

You can buy an Oettinger remapped VAG car from the factory if you want, or some dealers will even MTM it before you take delivery. Best bit is that they even warranty the car!

as for letting the dealer know, then its a definite yes.

Well i know for a fact that Listers group have remapped cars, as to wether it will devalue the PX i dont know, personally id ask the question from them if they have remapped cars themselves, if so then i cant see there being any problems.

Ah thanks for that, I've never seen a remapped car at an Audi dealer - that's interesting, thanks.

I asked about this recently when looking at a new A4 and they said that they would take mine in part ex.

[ QUOTE ]
I asked about this recently when looking at a new A4 and they said that they would take mine in part ex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going for the previous RS4 Rich?

Lincoln audi told me that they can't / will not sell modified cars as audi cannot warranty them and wanted mine put back to standard to consider a deal, funny that they offered / recommended a revo when i bought it.

AmD do a lot of mapping for Audi dealers that offer it as a pre-sale option... so I don't see there being a problem.

I just posted this point on the A38P forum but when I was looking Glasgow Audi tried to sell me a superchipped A3 less than 1 year old with remaining warranty intact. Suppose it depends on the dealer. Glasgow Audi is one of the biggest I believe though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going for the previous RS4 Rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i will be too expensive to run and maintan to be honest Rich.

I've decided to keep the S3 and carry out some mods over the next couple of years!

My first S3 was remapped already when I bought it from the main dealer and they didn't even know!!

I then part exchanged the same car back to them for another S3 with no problems