which brake fluid???

Hayley19854

Reaction score
all these different brake fluids out there,unsure which one to use for a service?theres ones for racing,is that needed maybe if im usin it for general use,i ersuming its a decent fluid.help?

well you have 2 types dot 4 and dot 5 , for a long time dot 5 had a higher boiling point which is what you want for long sustained or heavy breaking as it makes your pedal feel spongy, but its a mine field all manufactures have slightly different boiling points, but now you can get higher boiling point dot 4s but they are expensive ! but under normal conditions just any old dot 4 will do normally

which would be already in the car from new?wouldnt u go for the high spec (dot 5) with it bein an s3

Should be in your owners manual to confirm what fluid to use. Dot 4 for my S3 2008

ive had RBF 660 in the audi for over a year now i dont have issues at all .. it states ont he motul website if you check the oil specs that its non silicate based

ive had RBF 660 in the audi for over a year now i dont have issues at all .. it states ont he motul website if you check the oil specs that its non silicate based
i would get but u show me where its cheap,like i said above its working out more expensive than normal oil

I use halfords 5.1 its quite cheap with a trade card. 12 ish a litre

or ATE superblue dot4 (but for racing) 11 quid a litre from carparts4less.

The ATE blue is meant to be very good.