Allroad suspension query

Jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone might have some allroad suspension knowledge. I've had my allroad a few weeks now, on a whole it's great, I just have a couple of issues so I'll start with the suspension. It's a 2002 2.7t with 82k on the clock. I'll be investing in VCDS just a soon as NHN gets back to me, until then I've got no codes and have looked through all the forums but nothing seems to match the same problem.

Basically the level never changes, on start up level 1 is solid green and just stays there, I drive and nothing changes, it's like I've just got normal suspension, I get no error on dash. I'm not sure if I can hear the compressor or not as don't know how loud it should be, if I can then it's very quiet. If I try to raise with the button, level 2 and then 3 will flash and eventually the orange error light will appear on the dash and level 1 will go solid again. The only time the error light will come on on its own is if there is some weight in the boot, as if it's trying to raise but fails to get to level 2. From outside it all looks level with no dipping corners. There's nothing else really out of the ordinary so just wondering if anyone might have any ideas at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I'm staring to think its along those lines. It actually started working last night strangely, the only time it has since I've had it. I'll check out the compressor.

Hi, sounds like the compressor is done. If it runs for too long without building enough pressure, it will overheat, switch off & light the dash indicator! Cycling the ignition will usually prompt it to work again until it trips out.
Soultions are either a new compressor. You find them on ebay which just require a fitting swapped over. (approx. £400, same brand as audi use, just not in an audi box). Or you get a compressor redress kit. Not used one myself but a mate did & got great results. Either is an easy enough fit, just don't disturb the control valve piping unless you have to.

Reactions: All-rod
Thanks Andy, I think that looks like the problem, glad that's what you think it is too. I'll get the kit shortly and wait for a decent enough day to look at it.
Thanks, Jimmy