Engine management light

vwgtiking

Reaction score
Today I stalled my car twice as it wasn't moving at its normal pressure on the accelerator pedal. I thought it was odd. It didn't drive right either. Parked up drop off son at school returned to car and the light was on. Still driving odd slightly hesitant. Have also noticed that the cabin and idle vibrates a little.

Got home did a scan and got the following error code

16501 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62)
P0117 - 001 - Signal too Low - MIL ON
Readiness: 0000 0000

i forgot to mention i also have the following;

16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys
P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent

First one looks like a faulty sensor if you have checked the coolant already to make sure it is clear and up to level.

I will replace sensor but don't understand the 2nd fault and what I should check etc

Anyone? N80 valve?

Possible Solutions
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve (N80)
Perform Output Test
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Solenoid Valve (N115)
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister
Perform Basic Setting
Check Pipes between Tank Breathing and Throttle Body

Use VCDS and and perform output test on N80 and check all hoses.

Change the coolant temp sensor, what year and model is the car ?

Karl.

Will perform test on vcds. But just popped to audi and the n80 valve is £105!!! Got coolant denso so will change that today.

If I knew what car you had I might be able to help with some information.

N80 valve appears to be located at the back of the air filter . The charcoal filter is behind the wheel arch liner on the drivers side front wheel.

N80 valve a4

Karl.

You told me a 1.8t with a BFB engine. If you look at the bottom of the picture you can see the type Audi A4 8E with a BFB engine and I guessed at a GGG gearbox, that won't make any difference to the information you asked for. I think I picked a 2006 model.

Karl.

Firstly best of luck replacing the G62 sensor. It's right at the back of the engine near to the firewall and is a proper fiddle to do. The sensor is actually a 2-in-1, can't remember what the other job it has is, but it doesn't throw an EML. Guess you got unlucky in that regard.

Buy a new snap pin when you get the sensor in case you drop it down into the engine. The snap pin (if it and the sensor is still OEM) will be facing toward the cabin. They must install them before the engine is finished. You'll never get the snap pin back that way, so it will now face forwards. That's OK. You won't leak coolant as long as you've snapped it in properly to seat the new sensor back in.

Many 1.8T's throw an intermittent P0441. It's caused by cold weather, and nothing to worry about.

It has been replaced before and it looks like they replaced housing too previously hence why clip was towards the engine block, which I removed but then lost. I fit it all together and it wasn't seated properly and water spraying everywhere. So had round 2 with it and got it seated properly. Tested and no more spray. Put clip in from firewall direction. Lost a bit of coolant when I removed it. Now I got ****** no heating in car. I bled air from valve under engine cover, there was loads. And the pipes to heater matrix started to get warm but it's still cold air from air vents. Wish I kept the golf now.

Remove coolant cap and top up, bring car to temp and then keep revs to 2k while also having the heating to Max and also fans speed to max.

Keep an eye on coolant as it will drop once the air has been removed, but after about 5 min it should be done.

Mike when doing this does all the coolant starts erupting from the expansion tank?

They self bleed with the process above and it sounds like you have a major air lock.