Replica BBS alloys

lozhoon

Reaction score
Hi folks

i was just wondering what the general feeling is on replica alloy wheels. I know they are heavier and not as good quality as the real deal. But I'm on a budget lol. Has anybody purchased any replica wheels from Lkperformance? I really like these

http://bit.ly/19tuaj7

A few year back i got a set of staggered bbs lm reps,9" back,8's front with slight stretch to rear.I had no problems with lk or reps.

My a4 is on bbs lm reps now but trying to swap them as there a pain to clean and time dooesn't permit.

I had a set of CH reps on my old A3. They looked great and still looked brand new when I took them off to sell over a year later.

They were lighter than the standard wheels, although probably lacking in terms of strength compared to the real thing. For example one of mine got damaged in the post when I bought them, so they definetly are quite soft when compared with the standard S-Line wheels I had. I've never owned a genuine set of BBS's so can't compare to them!

My bro had a set and due to being damaged, sold them after three months... So I would say its waste of money...

Hope it helps

Lk performance just down the road from me, good lads as a group of friends we have bought plenty sets from them never had trouble. Mate has r8 spider replica ones on mk5 golf been on there over 3 years no problem

As long as your happy with the wheels you purchase what difference does it make to anyone else . I have original audi wheels but im taking them off and selling them and then il buy some ttrs reps . Why ? Cannot justify spends over 1k on a set of rims which when I sell the car on will have no effect on the resale value of the car .

Here is a pic of a BBS rep wheel. The owner had the same thoughts about buying cheap wheels so went out and bought a set of BBS CH's. Got them fitted with new tyres on his motor.....1 week later he hit an average size pothole which was unavoidable and this is the end result.

Sometimes you can get away with and sometimes you cannot. They are cheap for a reason. Team Dynamics originals are now fitted to his car.

what you posted can happen to any wheel original or not just over 12 months ago nissan had to do a massive recall on all navara and pathfinder wheels as they were snapping on the spokes , well over 300,000 sets were recalled !

Im not disputing the fact Hollow all Im saying is the percentage of failures in BBS reps compared to the originals is alot higher.......due to poorer build quailty. You may get a away with running reps for years as you've seen.............on the other hand you may not. That's the risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex C and kwistof
I would say reps are fine... i have some LM's on my A4 but what i would say is be prepared to take extra precautions with them ... make sure you keep them well sealed if the have polished rims... i would also tend to stay away from fitting really low profile tyres onto reps as they have less give in the sidewall so transfer any shock from potholes and speed bumps into the wheel .... the pic above looks like a very low profile tyre

I have BBS LMs and they are a PITA to keep clean - definitely driving the back roads in Cornwall. The polished lips are stone chip magnets and once they have a chip in the lacquer they just go all white wormed and look poor. Also the lips protrude slightly from the tyre wall and are easy to curb

nice wheels though

Personally I wouldn't use replica's after seeing how easy they crack, split, and become damaged due to their lesser quality material.
After the tyres being the things that connect you to the road and the wheels being what the tyres are round I just wouldn't.

I have the same opinion with people who use budget tyres on the performance models of any marque of car. You get what you pay for.