Turbo problems / advice

JimS3

Reaction score
My turbo shaft has about 5-6mm of in and out play, no side to side play, but I'm lead to believe in and out is more serious.

I have started building a large port engine and will be going hybrid, but not until next year as this year i have a lot going on.

The car has a Revo 2 map, so do I run the turbo for a year and hope for the best, or can the bearing be changed for not too much money, or if I got the turbo hybrid now would it be ok on a revo 2 map for a year (still got standard rods in my current engine)?

Any advice appreciated

Phone Ben first thing in the morning at The Turbo Unit on 01827 283208 and ask him, I'd say you shouldn't even start your engine !!!

Reactions: superkarl
Get the hybrid done now id you can. Run it, use an mbc to cap boost. Members can advise on other things to get it running safe on stage 2 if you provide logs.

Cheers guys, I don't have much experience of waste gate turbos, spent the last 10 years messing with vw diesels and their variable vane setups.

On the diesels you can strap on a bigger turbo with no changes to the map and it will still produce the same boost, just run less hard. And of course air to fuel ratio is far less critical on the diesels.

Have been looking at Beach Buggy hybrids for a while. So will a hybrid do the same on a petrol and run lazy at around 280 bhp with no issues?