part number for oem s3 resistor plug-in/harness for bucket seats w/o airbags?

fubacari

Reaction score
hey, folks,

I have searched all over, including doing a forum search here, and I cannot locate the part number for the oem resistor plug-in/harness that is used for bucket seats w/o airbags. I need the part number so I can try to locate a pair of these harnesses to turn off the airbag light on instrument cluster. This would be in combo with transferring PODS from oem seat to aftermarket seat.

If you happen to know the part number or where to find it, be sure to post up. TIA.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the side airbags are just disabled in software with vcds/vas, no resistor used.

Pretty sure the side airbags are just disabled in software with vcds/vas, no resistor used.

from what I have found out thusfar, this is not correct.
there are oem direct plug-in resistor harnesses for the bucket seats.
i appreciate the reply though. :beerchug:

For aftermarket ones you definetly do get resistors with the loom plugs. I'll double check but i've got factory fit recaros in mine and I'm 99.9% sure there are no resistors and the side airbags are unchecked in the coding for the airbag computer.

For aftermarket ones you definetly do get resistors with the loom plugs. I'll double check but i've got factory fit recaros in mine and I'm 99.9% sure there are no resistors and the side airbags are unchecked in the coding for the airbag computer.

sorry for late reply.
interesting....
after several inquiries, i was able to confirm part numbers for the airbag resistor harnesses:
8E0998521
8E0998521A

also, folks have tried "coding out" side airbags here (i.e. stateside) and, afaik, have not been successful.