To order now or wait?

5pot

Favouritism
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but will it make any difference if I wait to order say in April? Will Audi bring out any changes or give better discounts after March?

But then in April you could say, maybe wait until sept?

Reactions: steeve, pat15312 and madrussa
You can order the 2015 MY now, I did just a week ago! If you wait to find out what new additions are in the next model year, you will probably have to pay more as the price apparently always increases.

Last edited:
This may be a stupid question but will it make any difference if I wait to order say in April? Will Audi bring out any changes or give better discounts after March?

The Audi Model Year changes in June/July. Dealers are usually notified of any changes for the next MY sometime in April. But between now and then there will probably be a price increase. The only thing that is almost certain to change is that the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System will be added because it is required by law on all new cars from 1 November 2014. It also possible that something could change that you like on the current car. As far as discounts are concerned, I don't think the situation will change. A3 like other Audi's are built to order so there are never great stocks that dealers are trying to move unlike some other makes.

Oh ok.. I'm test driving the 184 tomorrow and then I'll go from there :)

Oh ok.. I'm test driving the 184 tomorrow and then I'll go from there :)

I ordered my MY15 S3 Sedan last week, build will be in July, expected delivery of Sept/Oct, main reason was so we got Sepang Blue.

In terms of discount, was able to get approx 7% off the manufacturers list price, which was in line with most others I saw.

Apparently January 2015 is a good time to order..................

Guys, i ordered my A3 SB 1.6 tdi at 12 december 2013 and it will be in Greece at 20 March 2014
Is there any chances to have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System as a standard because i haven't added it to the dealer when i made the order ?
i ask you because our friend h5djr said that there is a law that is required all cars from November 2013 must have it as a standard

Well, the test drive was good...so i've paid the deposit and put in an order for the 184 A3 sportback in Glacier White! :D

Reactions: PilotAudi and Louay
Guys, i ordered my A3 SB 1.6 tdi at 12 december 2013 and it will be in Greece at 20 March 2014
Is there any chances to have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System as a standard because i haven't added it to the dealer when i made the order ?
i ask you because our friend h5djr said that there is a law that is required all cars from November 2013 must have it as a standard

Dave is wrong I'm afraid for uk spec cars .All the excitement about Se suspension must have confused him. It's 2014 so doubt you will get it for free but I understand it may be possible to enable it via vcds.

If you are in Greece my understanding is that TPMS is standard in rest of Europe.

Dave is wrong I'm afraid for uk spec cars .All the excitement about Se suspension must have confused him. It's 2014 so doubt you will get it for free but I understand it may be possible to enable it via vcds.

If you are in Greece my understanding is that TPMS is standard in rest of Europe.

Why do have to keep going on about my choice of suspension and other options whenever you get the chance in reply to a another member. You are going the best way to get yourself another ban.

Why do have to keep going on about my choice of suspension and other options whenever you get the chance in reply to a another member. You are going the best way to get yourself another ban.

Hopefully not Dave . I think you will find you are going on a bit on your opinions.... Mirror mirror ... I'll send you a pm to explain if you promise not to be rude .

Gents; PLEASE keep things civil. I don't want to see any more aggravation or picking, I've become sick and tired of watching people picking at each other and throwing their weight about this week in the A3 sections, lets just get on and be productive as we're all adults. If you're uncertain as to what conduct is acceptable please refer back to the RULES: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/site-support-announcements/132385-audi-sport-net-rules-usage-guidelines.html

Any problems please contact me by PM. Thank you.

Reactions: lloydie1994, veeeight, Louay and 4 others
I have already replied to a PM from 'splash18' to tell him that as far as I'm aware it is not possible to enable TPMS using VCDS at the moment. The TPMS system uses the ABS module and I don't think anyone has found out the security code for that module yet. If you want to know more look in the 8V-VCDS Mods thread where there or others who have a much greater knowledge of what can and cannot be done with VCDS on the 8V that I do.

If I said TPMS was required by law in November 2013 then that was a typo because it is required in all new cars throughout the EU by November 2014 so it will almost certainly become standard in the 2015 Model Year starting in June 2014.

Dave mentioned November 2014 and it doesn't come as standard yet.