Rear door lock problem

TAF36

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive got a problem with my rear driver side door... Once locked, It wont open from the outside until i open it from the inside, then then outer handle works fine.... Any ideas how to go about fixing?
a friend from another forum mentioned it might be the locking module but wasnt sure how to go about checking or replacing.

Hi all

Ive got a problem with my rear driver side door... Once locked, It wont open from the outside until i open it from the inside, then then outer handle works fine.... Any ideas how to go about fixing?
a friend from another forum mentioned it might be the locking module but wasnt sure how to go about checking or replacing.

Hi, did you manage to find out what it was? As mine is doing the exact opposite, will open from outside but not inside!

Didn't get any where with this... It's intermittant sometime it works fine?!

With your problem... Have you checked the child lock?? Might be something simple!

I have the same problem with my passenger side rear door. Like you say it is intermittent. I've had my mechanic look at it and he took it apart, cleaned off the old grease as it was going hard and regreased it, but it didn't really make any difference. It's a new locking mechanism i'm afraid. I rarely use the door so i'm leaving it for now

I have the same problem with my passenger side rear door. Like you say it is intermittent. I've had my mechanic look at it and he took it apart, cleaned off the old grease as it was going hard and regreased it, but it didn't really make any difference. It's a new locking mechanism i'm afraid. I rarely use the door so i'm leaving it for now

Ah kack, I've been looking on eBay for them but seems that there are the passenger side ones but not drivers side... Never mind! Thanks for your help!

I thought as much! Just been lazy getting it done, I'm jus making do for now