Bose subwoofer question

demongibbo

Reaction score
Will it still work if i fit a aftermarket single din headunit. Cheers

Yes. You will need some ISO adapter cables. There are a couple of different options whether you have a fully amped set up (front and back) or half amped set up (rears only).

There are a couple of different options whether you have a fully amped set up (front and back) or half amped set up (rears only).
If demongibbo has Bose then he needs the fully amplified adapter cables (Bose is fully amplified, non-Bose is amplified rears & sub only with fronts directly connected to the head unit).

If demongibbo has Bose then he needs the fully amplified adapter cables (Bose is fully amplified, non-Bose is amplified rears & sub only with fronts directly connected to the head unit).

Interesting! My car has BOSE on the grilles, and on the headunit has a wire coming out the pin labelled BOSE. But when I fitted my aftermarket HU only the rears were amped? Guess its non BOSE then?

Did your original radio say BOSE on the screen when you turned it on?

you need to use an adapter harness with an aftermarket HU.

No not when turned on, but on the back there is a wire coming out of a port named BOSE. Are there any markings on the speakers/amp if it was BOSE?

The rear amp would have a BOSE label on it. The speakers on a Bose system have different ohm rating to normal speakers.

Can you check what rating your speakers are? Marking will be on the magnet at the rear.

It may be possible that someone has just fitted BOSE speaker covers or they didn't know what they were doing in VCDS and changed the coding for the BOSE function on the radio.

Yeah I'll try have a look. I thought that about the grilles but find it strange as the car hasn't been touched modding wise except for 18's. But I suppose its possible!