Little surprises?

Also, the round airvents, did anyone know u can pull on the centre knob and the airflow is more direct. I heard is used to controlling the airflow, and that's without adjusting fan speed..

yes, the airflow gets directive when pulling, but also more noisy.

Had it for a week now so here's my list

- arm rest having two height settings
- turning the lights off if you forget to do it yourself
- offering to navigate you to the nearest petrol station when you're low

+ First Aid kit in the storage compartment under the front seat.
+ Emergency triangle in the rear/boot door.

- Only a left foot rest, no right foot rest.
- No compartment in SE model under rear seat for high vis vest. No high vis vest in the car.
- No sunglasses holder in front of light controls in the roof.
- No puddles lights under the wing mirrors.
- No 'current speed' indicator on the sat nav.

We are loving the car - it is much more comfortable than my car (more on this later). Now I'm jealous.

Last edited:
You get puddle lights with the interior lighting pack, although they are mounted on the bottom of the doors not the wing mirrors.

Reactions: Daz Auto
My unexpected surprise is when using the efficiency mode (in S3 with S-tronic) which I have tinkered with a couple of times - I really love the deep sound as the engine revs drop right away to idle as it goes into coasting mode - and then when you apply throttle again it sounds good as it re-lights the engine and the revs pick back up to match the road speed. Perhaps I am easily pleased :yes:

I'm just annoyed you can't choose the economy mode in the individual drive select settings for the engine/gearbox.

Itguy:2127317 said:
I'm just annoyed you can't choose the economy mode in the individual drive select settings for the engine/gearbox.

Yeah...why is that?!

braking really hard at the lights and coming to a standstill , my four way flashers came on automatically which was a bit surprising

When I filled up with diesel this morning I noticed that Audi have changed the way of holding the filler cap whilst filling up. In all my previous A3s there have been slots in the filler cap to hang it over the open flap. On the 8V there is a pin in the centre of the filler cap and a hole in the flap hinge for it to fit. A simple little thing that is quite clever.

Reactions: cemerson and BGS
When I filled up with diesel this morning I noticed that Audi have changed the way of holding the filler cap whilst filling up. In all my previous A3s there have been slots in the filler cap to hang it over the open flap. On the 8V there is a pin in the centre of the filler cap and a hole in the flap hinge for it to fit. A simple little thing that is quite clever.

I noticed that too and thought it is much better than the previous option.

You get puddle lights with the interior lighting pack, although they are mounted on the bottom of the doors not the wing mirrors.

Do you see them when the doors are closed? Or is it only when the doors are open?

Would be good if there were exterior handle lights also!

Is the filler cap captive like the 8P? I recall almost losing mine on my 8L due to to driving off with it hooked on the flap...

Is the filler cap captive like the 8P? I recall almost losing mine on my 8L due to to driving off with it hooked on the flap...

Yes it captive.

Reactions: Flibble
My 3 door doesn't have the hi-viz vest storage compartment.

It's a little old fashioned after being used to Ford's capless "Easyfuel" system. Which also made putting the wrong fuel in impossible.

I think you get this with the Storage and Luggage Pack Option

That's what I thought as I posted.

Tell you what I really like which I noticed. You can put the drive select on the car button (*) on the steering wheel. So can quickly change modes rather than take your eyes off the road looking for the button on the dash. Essential when in efficiency and you want dynamic mode, when some idiot super-geordie in his Vauxhall "Cursa" thinks he's going to blitz you. :)

Reactions: illingworth22
That's what I thought as I posted.

Tell you what I really like which I noticed. You can put the drive select on the car button (*) on the steering wheel. So can quickly change modes rather than take your eyes off the road looking for the button on the dash. Essential when in efficiency and you want dynamic mode, when some idiot super-geordie in his Vauxhall "Cursa" thinks he's going to blitz you. :)

Careful Mig I nearly got a ban for stereotyping.. Know what you mean though ;-)

Reactions: Migwire
It's a little old fashioned after being used to Ford's capless "Easyfuel" system. Which also made putting the wrong fuel in impossible.

Yep, and I know renault had this capless system on their cars as far back as 2003.... a shame that Audi still don't offer a capless system when the rest of the car is so good!

Yep, and I know renault had this capless system on their cars as far back as 2003.... a shame that Audi still don't offer a capless system when the rest of the car is so good!

The 8V does have an incorrect fuelling protection system fitted to diesel versions. The system ensures that the tank can only be fuelled from a diesel nozzle. (Owner's Manual page 211)

For those with AUTO headlights:

The AUTO is normally illuminated in Yellow, and when the headlight automatically come on, if you then press the Rear Fog Light switch, the AUTO changes from Yellow to Red (presumably to indicate that a manual function has been selected).

I recently discovered the Economy Programme view (I think that's what it's called?) on the console display. Interesting to flick through and have one screen with overall vs. instantaneous fuel economy, and another screen telling you how much your Air Con and other extras are contributing to unnecessary fuel consumption.

All of this is in the handbook? :think:

Locked by me for now before this gets out of hand.

Reactions: warren_S5 and PilotAudi
Do you see them when the doors are closed? Or is it only when the doors are open?

Would be good if there were exterior handle lights also!

They only work when the doors are open, they are mounted on the bottom of the interior trim.

Normal service can now resume. Hopefully. Please.

Thank you very much. And thanks for getting rid of the the silly posts between PA and myself. Normally I try and just ignore him but this afternoon he just got through to me. Not any more I understand.

Reactions: veeeight and cuke2u
Thread resurrections

Found out today (as I always wondered) if you have a sport back or saloon, you can actually stop back seat passengers i.e. kids (i dont have any) lowering or adjusting your windows. Set the desire hight of the back windows and push the child lock button.

I always thought the child lock was only for the door, but its for the window too!

Reactions: illingworth22 and cemerson
You can move up and down the track lists using the MMI volume button, the actual button moves from side to side as well as the obvious volume rotation :)

You can move up and down the track lists using the MMI volume button, the actual button moves from side to side as well as the obvious volume rotation :)
Yes indeed. Is that the only way to skip back or forward a track or is there a control on the wheel that can do it (other than using the roller to pop up the track list, scroll through and select)?

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (and sorry if my English is far from perfect).

The floor of the boot can be pulled up using a handle. If you do so, when the floor touches the two flanges that hold the lights, if you keep pulling up those handles move a little into the wall (they seem to have some spring), and get back out when the floor is above them. So they hold the floor up, and you have both hands free. Nice :)

Reactions: veeeight, vegnomeat and illingworth22
Yes indeed. Is that the only way to skip back or forward a track or is there a control on the wheel that can do it (other than using the roller to pop up the track list, scroll through and select)?

I haven't found a way to "Skip Up/Down" other than the volume button. The only other way is as you say by using the roller to pop up the track name on the dis or the touchpad to the big screen.

I haven't found a way to "Skip Up/Down" other than the volume button. The only other way is as you say by using the roller to pop up the track name on the dis or the touchpad to the big screen.

There is a way. With the MMI displaying the track titles you can turn the large MMI control wheel on the centre console, then press it to select the track you want. If you turn the wheel quickly then it shows a vertical scroll bar instead to skip through multiple tracks.

Note: if you press the big MMI wheel button whilst playing a track (ie before turning it) then it turns into a fast forward/scrubbing function within the track.

Alternatively you can program the "*" button on the steering wheel for 'next track' and if in shuffle mode that will be next shuffle track not next alphanumeric track in the list.

John.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattymatt1980, LuisM, steverobertsbbc and 1 other person
I discovered that when you press the aircon button and the hold assist button, this happens!

I think I found my new car ;-p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Blu-iTT and Joetidman
I discovered that when you press the aircon button and the hold assist button, this happens!

I think I found my new car ;-p

So glad I got hold assist now!

Last edited by a moderator: