Dashboard Squeak

asonda

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Seat Exeo Sport Tech 170 ST.....which underneath the badges is a B7 A4 S Line Avant with the Cabriolet Dashboard...will post pics up later...

There isn't a whole lot of information and not a very big community for us Exeo owners :(

I have a squeak coming from the centre of the dash, I can't quite pinpoint it and not sure where to start or how to start taking the dash apart, I have the RNS-E system, dual zone climate etc, all the goodies and have no idea where to start...

Is there a common squeak in that area? It sounds like a bird chirping its very annoying!
Thanks

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I'm sure I speak for others on here and say "Hello. Welcome to Audi-sport." I haven't seen many threads about dashboard squeaks on the B7. Doesn't the Exeo have a modified dash? At the back of my mind its the Cab version? I'm going to take a guess that it might be the dashboard. There are 5 bolts holding it in place, three inside at the top near the trim and two in the footwell. I'd take the glovebox out and see if the squeak goes/changes.

Reactions: Spartan117 and asonda
Hi Jamie,

I'm sure I speak for others on here and say "Hello. Welcome to Audi-sport." I haven't seen many threads about dashboard squeaks on the B7. Doesn't the Exeo have a modified dash? At the back of my mind its the Cab version? I'm going to take a guess that it might be the dashboard. There are 5 bolts holding it in place, three inside at the top near the trim and two in the footwell. I'd take the glovebox out and see if the squeak goes/changes.

Thank You, I am hoping to stick around as I should be able to pick up lots of information and join in with all the discussions where I can :)

Not sure if it sounds like its coming from behind the RNS E unit? But my minds playing tricks on where I can hear it lol

I'll take the glovebox out and I believe that gives access behind the dash?

Cheers

It won't give you much access to behind the dash but if it's behind the RNS-e you should be able to fiddle with stuff unsighted to see if it causes it.

Reactions: asonda
Hej Osanda, welcome on board....sorry am about as much use to you on this issue as chocolate tea pot. The Exeo's are going well cheap here at the mo' as they are being discontinued as we all probably know. Been severely tempted at some of the deals goin.....fully loaded too, leather, bose etc....A Spanish A4 indeed. Hope you get a result on the squeek....nothing worse in my ocd world! Coming from GM to Audi that was something I was really pleased with on the Avant's....trim is very squeekless...... most of time.

BR
Allan

Reactions: asonda
Thanks Guys...

Firstly, I went out for a good drive yesterday and what would you believe, didn't hear a peep out of it! So I am no closer...

Starting to wander if it only occurs when the heating has been on hot for some time as on Saturday it seemed to get worse and worse whereby sometimes it chirps...then as the day progressed (was in and out the car and driving all day) it got worse whereby every impurity on the road made it chirp...

secondly, I've made a welcome thread so that you can see my car...http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/welcome-section/210839-hi-everybody-something-different-pictures.html

Cheers

Jamie