Thule roofrack

aiwa_yamaha

Reaction score
Anybody got a Thule roof rack for an Audi A3? If so how does it attach to the back if you have a 3 door? I want to get a bike mount for it so i can carry my roadie around

Yo, I'm your man here, i have the thule rack for the 3 door that i use to carry around my bikes! The clips for the rear bars push under the rear window seals and clamp up just like the fronts. If you look at your rear windows at the top you will see two upwards arrows, the clamps slide under the seal between these two arrows.

Heres a pic, so you can see how good the A3/S3 looks with the thule racks on ;)

644142_10152148243155711_1890640422_n.jpg

A good place to get the bars is Thule Roof Bars | Roof Racks Had top service off these guys for thule bars!

Yeah i have the wing bars so the bike racks fit in using the T tracks, really solid set up.

For the racks i used these guys Sandicliffe shop they're £106 plus P&P for two of the proride 591's an utter bargain mate!!!!! SET OF 2 Thule 591 Bicycle carriers Pro Ride

Cheers the V10 was my mates and the Transition i sold last week. not got time for DH anymore, Ive only got a 29er (gay) Giant Talon though for mooching about on at the moment, going to get a new trail bike soon!

So my best option is to get the wing bars and a pro ride 591 bike rack?

Yeah thats the set up i use, in total should cost you about £300. Far cheaper than THE best option which is a detachable tow bar & thule rear mount, would come in at about 5/600, more if you have an S-Line and need the rear diffuser piece which is about £90 from Audi lol.

Ok i could prob get it cheaper than £300 if i look about. Thanks for your help

I think you'll struggle to get a wing bar set for less than £180. Chamelion where the cheapest when i was looking.

Do you keep your roof rack on all the time or put it on when you transport your bikes?

No i take it off when I'm not using it, the bars as aerodynamic as they are do cause drag and whistle above 60ish mph. Only takes 15 mins to put the full lot on and off, i leave everything fitted and just lift the lot off as one unit.