A3 Door mirror surrounds on A4?

dieseldoos

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the mirror casing from an A3 8P model would fit the A4 B8.

I am looking at changing mine to the S4 style Alu look, but the only ones I can find that will fit mine are pushing £300 at the cheapest!

There are cheaper versions, but they have the indicator cut outs, and mine has the indicators in the lower black part.

Thanks in advance.

Not too sure but mine are the same as yours, how much are the s3 ones?

Well I have seen some for just over £100 inc postage. I would rather pay nearer that than nearly £300.

Absolutely, I don't know how we could find this out maybe they are the same part numbers I think they are the same as the S5 but could be wrong.

The S5 ones will fit, but again the ones I can find are pushing £300 unless you have the indicator cut out. I have emailed one of the sellers and asked. Some list the A3 8p, with the A5 and A4 B8, but some are listing it with A4 B7 which again, I believe has a different cover fitment.

I am doing this a different way now. Seeing as I have a pair of unused genuine mirror cases, which I brought whilst considering getting them sprayed, as I was having trouble finding a reasonably priced pair, I am going to get them sprayed aluminium. I know it wont be quite the same as the genuine S4 ones, but I dont fancy spending £300 + for door mirror covers, when I have a spare set.

Do rite, post some pics when they are done and on as I would consider this myself if they look ok.

Will do, I know they wont be full on S4 tbh, but then neither would the covers anyway, and worse case, I can swap my colour coded ones back.

are you sure the indicator are in the plastic ?
all b8 iv seen are the same in the cap
can you post a picture of yours

just looked on the bay i get what you ment now
i dont think the a3 will fit
unless all the mirror is changed

Quick update. Ive been quoted £100 to get my spare set sprayed with BQ7 aluminium colour code, and just shy of that price to get them wrapped in 3M 1080 brushed aluminium vinyl... Decisions...

Wrap them yourself it's easy to do, if not weigh up the pros an cons ie paint scratches and chips but vinyl may peel whichever you are happier with.

Mirrors now with the pros being wrapped in brushed aluminium. Ironically the part numbers on the set I brought show they were genuine audi alu covers, so they must have been sprayed.

Will upload a picture hopefully over the weekend when they are fitted.

Ordered an RS style grill today to, so using the guide will fit that next weekend.

And if anyones interested the part numbers are;

8F0.857.528A
8F0.857.528C

And

8F0.857.527A
8F0.857.527C

And thats without lane assist.

Not sure why there are 2 part numbers stamped inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and SI-W85
Update; looks like im getting the run around from the vinyl graphics company. Dropped my mirrors in Thursday last week and he said they would be ready Saturday. Saturday comes, sorry mate really busy, will be ready Monday. Monday comes, really sorry mate, aluminium vinyl has not turned up yet, I am chasing it, and will get them done for you asp.

I am now at the point of actually, I will have them back and go elsewhere!

Guess I will wait until tomorrow then ask for them back!

I think if he cant do it, or is to busy, just tell me.

Come the weekend I want them fitted along with my new grill!

get them back the price you are paying is stupid
when you can buy the wrap for 15 quid from ebay
pity your not near leeds i could have got then done for you while you wait
you do also know they cany be done in 1 piece ?

Yeah I know they can be done in one piece but I chose to get the other set wrapped, then put them on, and keep my originals as spares. Whilst I am ok with doing many things myself to save money, if I tried to wrap them myself they would have looked shocking lol, thats why I picked them to wrap them for me, I know the quality of their work is very good, but as you say, the price isnt cheap, but my impressions of their customer service is not very high.

Im calling in tomorrow, and if their not done, im getting them back now.

i ment they cant

Well finally got the mirror covers back, he still has not done them, offering more excuses and another day when they will be ready! So tomorrow, they are getting sprayed with the correct Audi aluminium colour. Just a pity, as they are the genuine covers, but have been colour coded.

At least I am fitting the new front grill on Sunday. Mirrors covers can go on when they are ready.

Pictures will follow soon hopefully.

As promised, grill and mirror covers on, now looks like this, I know its not to everyones taste, but im happy with it.

Reactions: RS5 JON
close up of the mirrors ?

The only close up I have is this one taken before they went onImage

Reactions: SI-W85
look good

Reactions: dieseldoos
Well after the graphics company messed me around, the local bodyshops were quoting me around £100, so my mate got the paint using the correct colour code, cost me £20 and I used his air spray gun, prepped it with him, and sprayed them myself in the end. Never done it before, but with his guidance, I am proud of myself and the result. Should have just done that in the first place!

Reactions: SI-W85