Aem meth nozzles

Adamj

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick one Iv got the v.2 aem water meth kit, it comes with 3 different nozzles, for different psi/hp etc, does anyone know what sizes come in the kit? As aem state 5 different sizes in the chart, just wondering what ones I have ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393762704156838

I'm not sure on what you have but when I got my kit it had 3 nozzles too. It was fitted to a 300bhp S3 1.8T running 21psi boost.

The small nozzle wasn't up to the job and the big one flooded the intake and actually reduced power on the dyno. The medium nozzle was the one that worked best.

It'll be a trial and error thing for the mapper.

I'm running the biggest nozzle on a 500bhp engine,and AFAIK the small one is good for use on engines up to around 360bhp.

I'm running the biggest nozzle on a 500bhp engine,and AFAIK the small one is good for use on engines up to around 360bhp.

See the small one was rubbish on my 300bhp S3! How much boost are you running? It'll depend on the amount of spray to charge air. Obviously the bigger turbo and more boost the more air you'll be moving.

Mines about 25psi over boost to 30psi holding about 22-25psi the from the graph is says I need the 1000 injector as t dependent on psi and power :/

See the small one was rubbish on my 300bhp S3! How much boost are you running? It'll depend on the amount of spray to charge air. Obviously the bigger turbo and more boost the more air you'll be moving.

Mines about 25psi over boost to 30psi holding about 22-25psi the from the graph is says I need the 1000 injector as t dependent on psi and power :/

It's very interesting seeing how this goes on different engines and setups.

Looking at Adam's setup on a Stg2+ S3 with APR software and a K04 turbo,I would say that the turbo is pretty much maxed out at 1.8bar max,and 2bar peak.
I' not sure I'd push that particular turbo that hard,and still expect a long life from it.

Mine currently runs 2bar on a GTX3076,which will move a lot more air,at lower turbine speeds,and that fits well with the results from the previous turbo(a GT3071) which was again maxed out at 2bar and 480bhp.

The other changes that were made with the GTX were to alter a lot of the boost controller settings such as the gain and duty cycle for each of the boost programs in it's memory.
AMD also altered the settings for the WMI controller,so that it comes in earlier,and also maxes out when the wastegate cuts in at 2 bar.

The car turns out roughly the same power as on the GT3071(as the max boost etc are roughly the same)but the delivery is much more aggressive,and from 4000-7000rpm the car is much faster than before.

Reactions: Adamj and Westy