My S3

Marshy love your posts no bull **** and straight down the line!

A credit to the forum my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Marshy
I hope your gona take me down that 1/4 mile strip Alex as im going too and I wana see the difference between my stage 1 and your stage 2+ :p

Reactions: Alex_Wil
I wasn't going to go on it but be rude not to now ! :weight_lift2: lol

Reactions: Compkiler
I hope your gona take me down that 1/4 mile strip Alex as im going too and I wana see the difference between my stage 1 and your stage 2+ :p

Compkiler - be prepared. You will be going wanting to go to 2+ yourself if this happens :)

Reactions: S3Alex and Alex_Wil
**** Update *****

STAGE 2+ = WOW

Can't belive how much the car pulls and how much faster it is ! :0 :0

And some of the noises it produces now turn some heads !

Here's the proof it was done ...

e6u8epu3.jpg

With regards to dyno run ill upload pic later but because it was so hot today in the dyno room it didn't record proper figures so need to go back on a cooler day !

Reactions: s3_trev, S3Alex, Forbzeeee and 2 others
Hi

may i ask where you had your work done at. I'm wanting to get my alignment checkd but don't trust anyone local to me.

Thanks

Hi

I get all my work done at AMD in lakeside . Do a top job and highly recommend them

Nice one. I need to stop seeing these Stage 2+ upgrades, tempting me even more to upgrade mine from 2 to 2+.

You need to do it ;) defiantly worth the money !

Im not listening to the hype until ive seen it first hand at the weekend :p

Haha this is pressure !

Reactions: Compkiler
Nice upgrades... How do you feel the car drives with the new intercooler? Its next on my list of mods to do as my car is stage 2+ aswell but only on stock FMIC. Could you say indefinetely that there is a difference?, or are you still grinning from ear to ear from all of the mods to not be able to pin point what aspects of the drive every new mod has made?

I'm afraid I'm still grinning from ear to ear ! So if I'm honest not pin pointed it at all . I'll go for drive first thing and ill get back to you and let you know :)

Reactions: Doogie...
Nice one Alex. Glad you've taken the plunge Stage 2+!! I'm loving mine :) Ear to ear grins every drive.

How does the car feel in terms of handling with the SuperPro ALK? I'm booked in at AMD on Wednesday for the same kit plus getting my dog bone/lower engine mount sorted so just wanted some feedback really.

Nice one Alex. Glad you've taken the plunge Stage 2+!! I'm loving mine :) Ear to ear grins every drive.

How does the car feel in terms of handling with the SuperPro ALK? I'm booked in at AMD on Wednesday for the same kit plus getting my dog bone/lower engine mount sorted so just wanted some feedback really.

I think all of those things make incremental differences to handling and traction.

ARB's make the biggest overall difference,along with coilovers,and other parts like bushes,ALK etc make smaller changes,but still worthwhile.
As the power goes up,the engine mounts do need uprating,or the engine tends to move around under acceleration....I chose Vibratechnics mounts but there are plenty of others that will do a similar job.

Nice upgrades... How do you feel the car drives with the new intercooler? Its next on my list of mods to do as my car is stage 2+ aswell but only on stock FMIC. Could you say indefinetely that there is a difference?, or are you still grinning from ear to ear from all of the mods to not be able to pin point what aspects of the drive every new mod has made?
Had the drive early morning before I left for inters on friday when it was cooler and compared it to the drive back this afternoon and to be honest it sill felt fast as hell ! Didn't seem to loose power in higher temps which can be the case . The power delivery is consistent and still have a very wide grin! :D

Hi Mate

It's hard to notice huge difference like I did with the ARBS! I did find it slightly more planted around corners and more planted accelerating out of them - think I still need time to adjust to it all because it's like I have a completely different car from stage 1 haha

How much was it for the DSG software Alex :) Can you feel much difference?
I paid 199.95 for mine but you get 100 off if you have had AMD map . If not its 299.95 .

Haven't properly used it this weekend but will do this week and ill let you know what it's like :) - has launch control enabled at 3200 but haven't used that yet !

I paid 199.95 for mine but you get 100 off if you have had AMD map . If not its 299.95 .

Haven't properly used it this weekend but will do this week and ill let you know what it's like :) - has launch control enabled at 3200 but haven't used that yet !

nice one tempted to get it APR ECU + DSG cremapped cause revo is not doing dsg for 10 onwards cars and will not work with other tuners dsg software I was told :/. BTW you should have get a BCS powervalve system fitted its just fantastic and amazingly loud on full boost totally stock off boost:)

Do you know why they arnt doing it !? I was told you get some gains on power with dsg on the lower end but don't know too much about it ? I did look into it but already had the Miltek cat back so wasn't worth the switch - I have got it in mind for the future though , heard nothing but good things about the BCS !

Hi Alex, what are the benefits of the DSG Remap?

Here's the info from AMD

The DSG gearbox remap includes the following features :-*

- Launch control enabled at 3200rpm.*

- The torque limit built into the factory software has been increased to 500Nm (368lbft). Please note: these limits are not hardware limits, but built in software limits from the factory. As with all our software, our DSG software operates within the safety tolerances set by the factory.*

- In gear display is turned on. (model dependant)*

- Kickdown has been disabled giving more control over the car, the car will no longer select gears in manual mode. Driver has full control.*

- Auto upshift is also disabled allowing the driver to upshift as and when they please. Giving more control to the driver and allowing the full potential of power to be seen from the car.*

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Do you know why they arnt doing it !? I was told you get some gains on power with dsg on the lower end but don't know too much about it ? I did look into it but already had the Miltek cat back so wasn't worth the switch - I have got it in mind for the future though , heard nothing but good things about the BCS !

Revo seems to not bother much now as they have new products coming out. Probably not enough demand or else who knows them. You get more torque as the plates can be electronically managed so they increse clutch plates press preasure therefore it can handle more torque and give faster shifts etc. Worthy upgrade especially at s2+. I know GIAC do very good dsg software so do unitronic, dont know much about APR thats why any feedback would be very welome :)

Thanks for the info Alex. Let us know how you get on with it.

I think my launch control is already at 3200 rpm. I've just read somewhere else that the Rev limiter is also increased in Sport mode but don't know how true this is.

Revo seems to not bother much now as they have new products coming out. Probably not enough demand or else who knows them. You get more torque as the plates can be electronically managed so they increse clutch plates press preasure therefore it can handle more torque and give faster shifts etc. Worthy upgrade especially at s2+.
Thats fair enough. Im sure they will do something if there is increase in torgue and as demand goes up. Took 3 trys before it worked on mine because of newer software so had to get new updates for it to work! Just need to get a good dyno run on a colder day and ill let you know what I get !

Thanks for the info Alex. Let us know how you get on with it.

I think my launch control is already at 3200 rpm. I've just read somewhere else that the Rev limiter is also increased in Sport mode but don't know how true this is.
No problem at all .

I think the Rev limiter is set at 7500 in sport mode now ? I have seen that before to but can't remember were !? I'll test it tomorrow ! :)

small update on some more changes

Forge engine caps added

y4e7e5eb.jpg

Reactions: Marshy
these are ok but R8 cap is a winner for me :eyebrows:

A couple of people said that but i wanted to keep the caps all the same - if i had left the screen wash and water caps blue i would have got the R8 cap but thought i should keep the theme the same :)

Reactions: s3_trev
Sort of does . Would bug me I had different caps from different cars though haha

Reactions: RedDejavu
Any news on the new output of the car?

What do you think you have pushed the 0-60 down to with it all?