My S3

Cheers dust :)

I wouldn't worry my original budget was 1500 !! I had the same issue my misses . One part at a time (with a week in between ) and it worked a treat ! ;)

Reactions: S3DUST
I did all the mods on mine in the past month for S2+ and to be fair the missus has been sound.... But we have also just bought a house and i think she is now more concerned about getting the house decorated than me getting a big turbo or WMI lol cant blame her to be fair

Reactions: leshkin, grchmason and Alex_Wil
That is when car mods take a tumble . My brother had a c63 amg black edition merc. ...He then got a house and then he proposed to his other half and then found out he was going to be a dad .... now he has a Nissan qashqai and no merc .... I'll say no more

Reactions: NVM, shadow1993, grchmason and 1 other person
That is when car mods take a tumble . My brother had a c63 amg black edition merc. ...He then got a house and then he proposed to his other half and then found out he was going to be a dad .... now he has a Nissan qashqai and no merc .... I'll say no more

Bad times ! thats why i got in with my modding before we started on the house as i feel it may be a while until im solvent again :(

Reactions: Compkiler and Alex_Wil
nice work, i'm pretty excited to see the difference on my car and hopefully hear the difference too (exhaust muffler delete). fingers crossed for a smooth install...

are you changing many other things at the same time? i'm changing all engine / gearbox mounts, hope i don't regret that decision...

I just put in a powerflex insert into the dogmount that goes into the subframe and it's perfect :-D

Dust I've just ordered a power flex lower mount. Why did you fit one? Engine movement?

No way I've just been offered a good deal on a house.... but S3 is going last, although no more tuning for a while!

Reactions: Alex_Wil, S3DUST and Compkiler
Dust I've just ordered a power flex lower mount. Why did you fit one? Engine movement?
It was recommended to fit one by BCS to reduce engine movement and it does work :-D power feels more of an instant snap with it. I guess that because the propshaft runs so close to the downpipe it's needed to stop them fitting eachother.

Bcs said that it also stops the standard mount ripping under the torque of S2+ :-D

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Spoke to AMD about mounts and they said as my car is low milage the existing standing oem mounts should be ok . They will take a look at them and let me know if not but need recommendations on what ones to get ?

They will take a look at them and let me know if not but need recommendations on what ones to get ?

i have no experience with them but i'll be getting the torque solutions engine and gearbox mounts and the spulen dog bone mount, i'll let you know how i go...

i have no experience with them but i'll be getting the torque solutions engine and gearbox mounts and the spulen dog bone mount, i'll let you know how i go...

That would be great thank you, need to see some reviews and do some reading up but i'm sure that can wait a month or so!

Spoke to AMD about mounts and they said as my car is low milage the existing standing oem mounts should be ok . They will take a look at them and let me know if not but need recommendations on what ones to get ?

I'm sure the advice is sound,but if they re worn or get a bit floppy(!) the usual UK choices are THS,Revo or Vibratechnics.

I've got the VWRacing version of the Vibratechnics mounts.

The last of the goodies turned up 5 minutes ago and OMG the size of these brakes is incredible !

Attachments

• 20150129_164901.jpg
    20150129_164901.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 364
  • 20150129_165103.jpg
    20150129_165103.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 289
Reactions: S3Alex and S3DUST
Very nice look forward to hearing how you get on with theses :)

I miss my daily parcel delivery's :(

Going to be one long write up i'm sure!

It's a good feeling that's for sure! just need work to hurry and finish and take my car to AMD tomorrow and drive a 1.0 Toyota Aygo for a week :/ getting that up the motorway will be a challenge in itself!

Reactions: Sayam, Compkiler, S3Alex and 1 other person
Going to be one long write up i'm sure!

drive a 1.0 Toyota Aygo for a week :/ getting that up the motorway will be a challenge in itself!

at least you'll appreciate your car when you get it back lol :p

although my car is only the 170 TDi, when I drive other cars and get back into mine i appreciate the torque, DSG box so much more and the sound system too! then after a few days i get use to it again lol

Well just dropped the car off so let the wait begin and hope it all goes ok :)

I think any car will feel rapid after using the aygo! :)

Watch this space !

Reactions: S3Alex and Sayam
Just read the whole thread!
Really enjoyed your write ups.
Interested to hear your views on the new setup.

Well just dropped the car off so let the wait begin and hope it all goes ok :)

I think any car will feel rapid after using the aygo! :)

Watch this space !

Hope it all goes well.

I think I'm next in after you,so I want the Aygo cleaned,and ready to go!

Reactions: Compkiler and Alex_Wil
Mine will be in on Wednesday for suspension works so I'll see how yours is getting on Alex

Its busy in there at the moment:)

Don't worry Alex it will gleaming ;) smooth ride and great fuel economy = perfect temporary car !

Cheers crazylegscrane . They do seem to have a load going on at the moment but good to see :)

Update from AMD :

"Looking like end of play Friday at the moment. This WMI kit isn't as nice/easy to fit as others we have done, plus we like to do things so you don’t know they are fitted! WMI kit will be finished this afternoon and hoses will be going on tomorrow. Turbo and brakes are on. "

Time has doubled and work rate has slowed and the weeks been so long I've even had time to do some work to the Aygo - see below:

toyota-aygo-crazy-concept_2.jpg

Reactions: crazylegscrane, S3DUST, KentKid and 1 other person
^^^ Keeper! ;-)

LOL...don't you wish that was the one you had!

AMD did a superb job of hiding the WMI kit on mine,and the controller was invisible but easy to adjust if required.

They'll do a really neat job for you,but some kits are just neater and easier than others.

Well you said to get it ready for you....had to give it that 500bhp look at the very least ;)

Is good to see there making it as tidy as possible :)

Reactions: S3Alex
Well you said to get it ready for you....had to give it that 500bhp look at the very least ;)

Is good to see there making it as tidy as possible :)

200bhp in an Aygo.

Has to be as daft as the Nissan Juke GTR........that said,wouldn't either make excellent loaners.

Saw your's there today Alex nearly done as well, bet you can't wait to get it back and have a go!

Today was the first time I drove mine in over a week and I was itching to drive home normally after crawling to AMD with a bust spring.

Reactions: S3Alex and Alex_Wil
Cheers John :)

@ S3Alex is your car tuned with wmi or do you use it for cooler temps ??

Reactions: S3Alex and crazylegscrane
Cheers John :)

@ S3Alex is your car tuned with wmi or do you use it for cooler temps ??

The timing was pushed a bit but not much.

Basically just for cooling.

Update

I have my car and wow oh wow what a new car it is !

Car ended up with stage 2 + apr software the same as Dougie as it was producing the best results

It's running 22 psi (1.5 bar I think ) and had made 406bhp and 442 lbs which I thinks incredible. Amd mentioned it will adjust as the ecu adapts so hopefully looking around 420 bhp and 450 lbs . Graph is below

She's just getting a clean and more photos to follow :D

Thanks goes out to mark at brotek and Simon at tte and amd for doing the work

Attachments

• 20150207_115841.jpg
    20150207_115841.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 288
Reactions: KentKid, Doogie... and grchmason
What about the breaks? How are you finding them?

Need to settle them in but so far there really responsive and really good! Amd have done a really tidy Job !

Reactions: grchmason, Compkiler and Stig555
A massive improvement over stage 2 + the power is a whole another level ! Get all kinds of pop's and bangs when changing gear as well ( from water meth )

I'll get used to this power for a few months then up the boost :)

Reactions: grchmason
Little clean . Back brakes definitely need to be painted yellow :)

Attachments

• 20150207_131522.jpg
    20150207_131522.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 348
Reactions: grchmason