Just ordered...few minor questions.

goodfella7

Reaction score
Hi there just registered and ordered an Audi A3 1.2 S Line in black. With B&O system and cruise control as extras. Also deletion of rear badges.
Got a few minor questions which you lovely people can answer for me!

1) How is the MPG on the 1.2 engine, the stats say 57.6 but would like to know the real figure

2) I've got videos on my iPod/iPad. Can these be played out onto the screen from the red cable?

3) Do the headlights automatically turn on/off?

4) Electronic handbrake...how exactly does it work and automatically release? Couldn't really get the jist of this in the test drive.

5) Also got AudiComplete, any extras I get with this apart from the servicing, tyres etc.

6) Does the aircon produce heat/cold straight away, no waiting time?

Thank you.

Hi there just registered and ordered an Audi A3 1.2 S Line in black. With B&O system and cruise control as extras. Also deletion of rear badges.
Got a few minor questions which you lovely people can answer for me!

1) How is the MPG on the 1.2 engine, the stats say 57.6 but would like to know the real figure

2) I've got videos on my iPod/iPad. Can these be played out onto the screen from the red cable?

3) Do the headlights automatically turn on/off?

4) Electronic handbrake...how exactly does it work and automatically release? Couldn't really get the jist of this in the test drive.

5) Also got AudiComplete, any extras I get with this apart from the servicing, tyres etc.

Thank you.

I can give some answers but not all.

1) I think if you take off 20% off the published Combined figure you will be nearer the mark.

3) Yes when you turn the ignition off, the headlights automatically turn off as well.

4) Not the best answer but it is all done by the electronics controlling the braking circuits. It just works!

6) It will produce cold air straight away because the compressor will engage and straight give cold are as soon as the engine starts if the controls ask for cold air. The engine has to warm up for a few minutes before the system can produce any heat.

Have you specced the light and rain sensor pack? As if not the lights will not come on automatically.

Have you specced the light and rain sensor pack? As if not the lights will not come on automatically.

No did not spec that. I mean as in, if I start the car up at night, the headlights will automatically come on?

If you leave them switched on then yes they will. Otherwise you'll have to switch them on manually (no major hardship).

The moment you start the car, night or day, the LED strip DRL (daytime running light) will automatically illuminate.

However, to get the dipped beam headlights on (day or night), and if you didn't spec the Rain & Light Sensor Pack, or the Comfort Pack, you will have to manually (gasp) turn the switch yourself to switch on the headlights.

edit:
just re-read that you have cruise control. Did you spec this individually, or as part of the Comfort Pack? Seems unusual that you have B&O, but not spec'd the Comfort Pack.

Last edited:
The moment you start the car, night or day, the LED strip DRL (daytime running light) will automatically illuminate.

However, to get the dipped beam headlights on (day or night), and if you didn't spec the Rain & Light Sensor Pack, or the Comfort Pack, you will have to manually (gasp) turn the switch yourself to switch on the headlights.

edit:
just re-read that you have cruise control. Did you spec this individually, or as part of the Comfort Pack? Seems unusual that you have B&O, but not spec'd the Comfort Pack.

Nospecced individually. Is it cheaper to get B&O, cruise within the Comfort pack?

Not cheaper, but the Comfort Pack is good value.

You get cruise, reverse parking aid, automatic lights and automatic wipers.

I have 1.2 TFSI . I travel on a motorway daily about 15 miles . I get on average about 52mpg for just that short distance. The highest I ever got it was 55mpg -60miles on motorway.

I have 1.2 TFSI . I travel on a motorway daily about 15 miles . I get on average about 52mpg for just that short distance. The highest I ever got it was 55mpg -60miles on motorway.

Not bad MPG. What's your miles to end on a full tank? And how much to fill a full tank? Did you get that MPG straight away or had to run the engine in?

Thanks mate.

I only have my A3 4 weeks ,I live in Ireland so to fill it costs €70 (€1.50per litre) that will get about 450 miles
At first I got about 48mpg so yes it has improved or my driving style has changed . Driving around town in lower gears and when the turbo kicks in will decrease your MPG.

Very few cars have instant heat with a cold engine because the only way to do that is to have a dedicated electric or petrol fired heater. These days heated seats are a more common way to overcome the cold car issue.