2.0T MPG at it's worst and best

Lewbo

Reaction score
Just thought I would share two photos I have taken showing my remaining mileage to empty from full and only a quarter, as I couldn't believe the difference. Obviously when I filled up with the 1st picture I had been lead footed a lot but yesterday when I put some in I had been motorway driving.

Best I've gotten is 51.4MPG average, never driven so slow in my life. At one point it was averaging 53.7mpg

bestmpg.png

Worst i've got was 12.9mpg, when traffic was standstill for miles. I remember pulling into a petrol station, filling up, getting a coffee and pulling back out between the same two cars i was inbetween.

Reactions: Av4nt and MattS5
Crikey, i'm yet to get anything over 22mpg in 6 weeks of owning the S3.

My S4 average 21mpg over the same journeys.

I'm kinda hoping it will improve on a long run, as and when I do one. (the S4 averaged around 23mpg at a steady 85mph, so would hope the S3 might return nearer to 28mpg at that speed)

Crikey, i'm yet to get anything over 22mpg in 6 weeks of owning the S3.

My S4 average 21mpg over the same journeys.

I'm kinda hoping it will improve on a long run, as and when I do one. (the S4 averaged around 23mpg at a steady 85mph, so would hope the S3 might return nearer to 28mpg at that speed)

Best I've had recently out of mine was 35mpg,on the eco-run into work.

Worst....21mpg.

I usually return 30mpg at 80-90 which is very good, must be the remap helping out lol. One thing I try and do is go on instant mpg and drop a few gears and lowest I had is 5mpg haha

I usually return 30mpg at 80-90 which is very good, must be the remap helping out lol. One thing I try and do is go on instant mpg and drop a few gears and lowest I had is 5mpg haha

I don't do that,as it only puts me off using the right pedal.

Reactions: MattS5
The best I've managed is 39mpg average on a 178 mile trip and that was 65/70 all the way. My worst being on track for the day but that doesn't count :p

Do both of you have blown headlight bulbs hah?

Reactions: Sidhu88
Nope genuine audi led number plate lights, one is faulty so turns the other one off, had them 16 months so need to go back to audi under warranty

Reactions: DriverN00B and sliced
hmmm... strange thing has happened when I checked my long term computer average! the hours (453) are still there, but the mileage (in excess of 4'500) have reset! It's now reading 305 miles only, although the average has remained similar (increased by .1 recently) at 27.9 mpg.

Most I've seen is 45 mpg on a loooong sloooooow 57mph drive 18 months ago - Pure, unadulterated, self-inflicted, Torture, I won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Best, 35 from manchester to sheffield via the snake, but I have averged 15 on the same journey when it is quiet ;)

Average pootling around Sheffield is 16-20 due to the hills.

Yea...

I average 29mpg on the work run, 36.7mpg sat at 60mph on the motorway for 100 miles and around 18mpg on sprinted runs :)

Ah, I don't think i'll ever achieve that 35+ MPG if it requires driving at circa 60mph on the motorway.

I'm a "making progress" sort of guy, not pushy, just like to get along, so do tend to stick at 80-85

think my best average is 30mpg and by normal daily average is low 20's

Reactions: MattS5
i think they are as bad as you want them to be i have made £20 of fuel last as little as 50 miles

Best I've ever gotten from my S3 is 40.0mpg. This gives me a range of 440miles (although when I filled up on Sunday it gave me 475miles at one stage). I don't think I'm driving it right :laugh:

Photo

i think they are as bad as you want them to be i have made £20 of fuel last as little as 50 miles

Be thankful for modern engines and ECUs....!

That old GpN Cosworth I had could make £20 last around 24miles....the difference in efficiency over 20 yrs is incredible,and you can get far more out of a new engine than one of those.

Reactions: s3_sid
My highest average is 33mpg which I managed to get once and it's never seen over 30mpg since. Day to day its 22-24mpg. Worst i've got on a run is 16mpg.

Get about 260-280 miles out of a tank. Not too bad and working it out properly (brim to brim) my average since owning the car is 24.6mpg.

I love the way we all have pics of our best MPGs

says it all really.

Reactions: S3Alex
I averaged 42mpg that's the best I've had I drove from Middlesbrough to London and back. 430miles before the fuel light came on

Daily work trips I get around the 28-32 mark. usually 300 miles before fuel light comes on

I've been driving like Miss Daisy was in the back seat this week, been seeing 40 MPG round town! filled up today and I'm pleased as punch to see this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396500245271040

:)

I've been driving like Miss Daisy was in the back seat this week, been seeing 40 MPG round town! filled up today and I'm pleased as punch to see this:

View attachment 30686

:)

Woah, if you were to actually get that out of tank. Diesel figures that.

I was made up i got this, this morning on my way to work - never seen a figure like it before (apart from once):

Could it be because of the pollen cloud?

Woah, if you were to actually get that out of tank. Diesel figures that.

I was made up i got this, this morning on my way to work - never seen a figure like it before (apart from once):

Best i've done so far is 42mpg over a 60 mile run sticking to 60 all the way. Boring as hell mind. Usually average 36 and still managed 31 average on a blast from London to Exeter, scenic route of course.

IMG 5971

£70 of V Power and all I get is 345 miles! Don't even drive that fast but guessing has something to do with the S logo