idling fluctuation help.

AAR4N

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have an 07 plate s3. When the car is warmed up and I stop at eg traffic lights my rpm rises to 2k then drops again to normal then goes up again. It does this 2 to 3 times. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be as I had it to a garage and they said ther wasnt anything wrong.
Any reply s much appreciated.

Cheers

Mine does just stays there for a bit then drops think my rad is dieing

Ok mate nice one I will get that checked ( again) lol

cheers mate

Could also be the Pcv valve failing, I had similar symptoms and it was down to this.

Could also be the Pcv valve failing, I had similar symptoms and it was down to this.
nice one mate. I have a squealing noise once the engine is warm aswell so I think my pcv valve is fked. Although I took it to a garage and they said there wasnt out wrong with it.

Cheers mate

nice one mate. I have a squealing noise once the engine is warm aswell so I think my pcv valve is fked. Although I took it to a garage and they said there wasnt out wrong with it.

Cheers mate

How do they know ? they must be good , for the price of it just replace it anyway as they have revised them or get one of the uprated one's ?

How do they know ? they must be good , for the price of it just replace it anyway as they have revised them or get one of the uprated one's ?

it is getting done mate. Just need to wait 7 days for the part off audi with it being on back order. Basically they didnt want to pay out as I have a 3 year warranty. ( only had the car a month) but just say I won in the end.

No not yet mate. Still waiting for the pcv valve off audi.

I just been and picked one up from awesome gti and a diverter valve i let ya know if it fixes it :)

Diverter valve was split so boost is back , also idling properl now !! £99 for both parts from awesome and gasket also , ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395420637895778ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395420650845106ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395420676628919

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395420764979176

Stays on that now instead of all over the place and revving up on its own :) hope you sort it mate :)

Thanks mate. I will let you know how I get on. I will see about getting the dv changed aswell.