had a spare hour today

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
had a spare hour today
so did my fogs ready for the new bumper grill and headlights
headlights will be done on next day off

also did one piece of the silver trim to see how it turned out looks kinda ok so will sort rest soon and all the outer chrome trim at same time

Don't want to offend but I'm not keen on the dash trim it would look good piano black but that looks a bit dull and doesn't stand out from the rest of the dash. Also can I ask why have you done the dogs black? As I say I don't want to offend so please take this as friendly critisism. :)

the dash trim well i hate the silver the piaon black iv got just isnt piano black
so tried the matt it does look better in the flesh but better than the silver
the fogs well its a black car and it just blends them into the grills.
the wrap iv used on the trim is going on the outer window trims to get rid of the silver aswell i just cant stand the silver bits

No I agree I don't like the silver trim on the outside but think it looks ok inside as it's brushed Ali rather than chromed like it is outside, are you doing the door surrounds yourself? I want mine doing as I've already replaced the grill for a black edition but don't know where to start with the sides and wrapping them, post a pic when you get them fogs in will be interested to see as my car is black too.

yeah i do all my own done loads on the b6 b7 and a few b8
the bumper wont be on just yet as its been painted up at the min
iv got the rs4 black grill to put in aswell
my inner trims arnt brushed there fish scale thats why the need for wraping them

Rite I agree with wrapping them, never seen the fish scale trim but sounds like its better off wrapped lol how long will it take you to do door trim? If like to have a go at it but I will almost guaranteed f**k it up :)

Rite I agree with wrapping them, never seen the fish scale trim but sounds like its better off wrapped lol how long will it take you to do door trim? If like to have a go at it but I will almost guaranteed f**k it up :)

Si give it a shot pal, it's not difficult, just a bit fiddly. Patience is the key lol. Heat it up well with a hairdryer to get it supple enough to form round edges.

Reactions: SI-W85
Si give it a shot pal, it's not difficult, just a bit fiddly. Patience is the key lol. Heat it up well with a hairdryer to get it supple enough to form round edges.

Yeah it's not that though Mac it's the cutting off I would mess up I would either end up cutting my door seal in half or scratching my door haha how do you fold it down back of seal or is it just cut tight up to it? Because if I could see even a tiny bit of chrome it would drive my OCD insane lol

Yeah it's not that though Mac it's the cutting off I would mess up I would either end up cutting my door seal in half or scratching my door haha how do you fold it down back of seal or is it just cut tight up to it? Because if I could see even a tiny bit of chrome it would drive my OCD insane lol

Si, it's much easier to remove the trims, then when you heat up the vinyl it will be supple enough to wrap behind the trims, then you can cut off the excess

I want to do the outer door surrounds Mac the chrome trim, not the interior brushed trim I like that lol

I want to do the outer door surrounds Mac the chrome trim, not the interior brushed trim I like that lol

Ah right sorry pal, I did mine on my old B7, tricky but not to bad, that said the guy who done my tints is gonna do mine for £120

the outer door trims ?
about 2 hour

the only thing about the B8 outer trim is
if you open the door and look its groved like a cam belt
so its either looking a mess cos your not gona get it in the groves or leaving the silver showing on the inside.
you cant see it with door closed and when open you have to look up

Reactions: Macdoon
Lol that's not a bad price I could cope with that, when you getting it done Mac?

the only thing about the B8 outer trim is
if you open the door and look its groved like a cam belt
so its either looking a mess cos your not gona get it in the groves or leaving the silver showing on the inside.
you cant see it with door closed and when open you have to look up

Lol is there no way around doing those bits as I couldn't cope with that it would drive me insane?

not realy unless you paint it all

Lol that's not a bad price I could cope with that, when you getting it done Mac?

Will be popping over to see him around mid April, if (as Bez says) it's a mare to get the vinyl to sit in the grooves then I might go down the plastidip route

I'm going to get mine done when I get round to booking it in, but I don't know wether to go for gloss or matt on my black car :/

I'm going to get mine done when I get round to booking it in, but I don't know wether to go for gloss or matt on my black car :/

I'm going gloss as that is now the look I have decided on, RS4 grille arrived in full gloss which sealed it for me

Yeah I'm thinking gloss too as my grill surround is gloss if I don't like it its not too dear to change is it lol