Bumper respray

Parklife

Reaction score
So some lovely person drove into my car when it was parked which basically means the bumper needs respraying. I finally got round to getting a quote for this and fell off my chair when in came in just over £700!!

Parts / Panels Requiring Renewal
GRILLE

Parts / Panels Requiring Repair
REPAIR FRONT BUMPER COVER

Associated Work Required
CHECK FRONT BUMPER COVER
CHECK AND CLEAN CAR
CHECK AND QUALITY CONTROL

Parts / Panels Requiring Painting
FRONT BUMPER COVER REPAIR PAINT PLASTIC
DE NIB .
MACHINE POLISH .

Additional Items
E.P.A. CHARGE
CAR CARE PROTECTION
VAS 6150 ERASE

Firstly I don't think I need the grille replacing, I can't see any damage on it.

Any idea what these additional items are?
EPA - assuming this is for disposal of the grille......so assume if I don't need the grille I can remove this
Car Car Protection - Autoglym or some other such rubbish......don't want this
VAS 6150 Erase??? What the hell do they want to erase?

iv got one in at the min been painted
£100 but hes a very good mate

Reactions: RS5 JON
You could just buy a replacement bumper of rom eBay. There's loads on there in most colours and undamaged.

I got a quote from a local bodyshop guy to respray my front bumper and that was 150 for everything! I would price around if you can!

Are they also putting you up in hotel spa for the weekend?my wife's rear bumper was done few months ago £180.

So some lovely person drove into my car when it was parked which basically means the bumper needs respraying. I finally got round to getting a quote for this and fell off my chair when in came in just over £700!!

Parts / Panels Requiring Renewal
GRILLE

Parts / Panels Requiring Repair
REPAIR FRONT BUMPER COVER

Associated Work Required
CHECK FRONT BUMPER COVER
CHECK AND CLEAN CAR
CHECK AND QUALITY CONTROL

Parts / Panels Requiring Painting
FRONT BUMPER COVER REPAIR PAINT PLASTIC
DE NIB .
MACHINE POLISH .

Additional Items
E.P.A. CHARGE
CAR CARE PROTECTION
VAS 6150 ERASE

Firstly I don't think I need the grille replacing, I can't see any damage on it.

Any idea what these additional items are?
EPA - assuming this is for disposal of the grille......so assume if I don't need the grille I can remove this
Car Car Protection - Autoglym or some other such rubbish......don't want this
VAS 6150 Erase??? What the hell do they want to erase?
At least **** Turpin wore a mask when he was robbing people, tell them to shuv it where the sun don't shine, and get some reasonable quotes or ebay it. :kissmyrings:

I've just had my front and rear bumpers done and also a dink in the 3/4 panel sorted from a door opening onto the car. All in £900. Both bumpers worked out to be 250ish each. The 3/4 was more expensive due to blending the panel. 700 seems a lot of money.

Who provided the quote? Name and shame.

A lot of car body repair garages are a joke, I never go for the cheapest quote.

My sisters car went to a "Car Clinic" few years back and I ended up having to pick up the pieces. Had a good look round the car afterwards and found panel screws which were missing and in their place they'd used glue - no joke!! Also didn't plumb the washer jets in properly so every time she used them it ****** fluid out on the floor.

I've since heard that these places work to time dependent targets and so always rush jobs. They also use non-genuine parts from Taiwan and all sorts and then charge the customer/insurance company full price without them even knowing.

Tell them that it is not an insurance job and you want it done for a personal claim. My local coachworks did a job for me which was a respray of 2 doors, front wing, and recondition an alloy all for £400 or so. He said if it had been an insurance job he would have done more work but it wouldnt be noticeable, and it would have been well over £1000. Worth a shot?

Whoever they are, they're taking the **** - even if it's an Audi work-shop.

I had a rear bumber respray done on my bmw at a bmw dealer for £200.

Remember also that if they're not Audi approved then it could void your Audi paint warranty if you have one.

Last edited: